Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn lisa View Post
btw---

"hollow, empty feeling in my stomach"

that's EXACTLY how I experience it!

Me, too. Coupled with some nausea. In fact, if I even so much as think about food during the first couple of minutes of nursing, I get such a nauseous, YUCK feeling.

Just read the homesick comment a PP made, and that is EXACTLY what it feels like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have a seizure disorder, and for the first 6 months of nursing my dd, I felt like I was about to have a seizure every time my milk let down. I never did, but the feeling used to really worry me until I figured out it was related to my milk letting down. The link below from kellymom has some info on why these sorts of feelings happen during let down:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nausea-bf.html
Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 PM

I am so glad I found this. I have that total homesick feeling and I start wondering if this is the life that I want - bizarre because I dont think that any other time. I even started to wonder if there was some sexual abuse in my past that was too deep to remember, but I couldnt even fathom how that could be the case. I am so happy and relieved to see that there are lots of women that this happens to.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:15 PM

I had it too! Just with the first two kids, for a few months. I hated it. It's weird. But normal, so that's comforting.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:22 PM

I wanted to let anyone know who was still following this that as I worked as typing up my personal experience thus far I started doing some research. And as a CLC I was able to hook up with a major breastfeeding guru who took a BIG interest in the problem and got two other big *published* breastfeeding guru's on board. Their interest seems so strong, not because it was just me, but because of the threads here, where SO many mothers stepped forward admitting their feelings. They realize it is very possibly a wide spread problem that has yet to be addressed with breastfeeding mothers. We have been emailing a lot this week and getting some blood tests done and talking to some other med professionals, including a endocrinologist who specializes in hormones. I am not sure how far it will all go, or were it will lead, but if you would like to be "in the know" as thing developed, please PM me, as it will all be too lengthy to continue posting. And any other moms who still or in the past, struggled with the problem, I would love to have your contact information. If we come to any conclusions as to the cause we may want to "interview" other mothers who have experienced it in order to make any research more credible to the lactation community.

here is a link to my blog. Some mothers from the threads pertaining to this problem have been quoted (without names.) If you wish your quote to be added or removed, please lmk.

http://emotionalletdown.blogspot.com/
Old 04-05-2008, 05:35 PM

Bump for new mamas! Take a look at this new thread!

User Tag List