What to do? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-21-2003, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do not know what do to. I left my daughter who is now 19 months for 1 week to go south. I really needed the vacation. I felt good to relax and recuperate because I still had not been sleeping very much and on top of it I was working. Before I left she was feeding once in the morning and once at night before bed. I pumped for the firts 5 days and my supplied slowed down so I have not pumped in 3 days. When I got back she did not ask for the breast before bed.She just hugged me and I rocked her. She has not even lifted myu shirt to see. Everyone including husband are telling me not to put her back that she did not suffer while I was gone and that it will be harder to wean later if I put her back on. I was hoping to keep the one before bed time but now I wonder if it is me or her who needs it. I am so sad today because I do not know what to do. Should I offer it again or let her be and grow up to a different stage. I guess I was sure she would still want the breast when I came back. She does not take a bottle or pacifier so she has no more sucking during the day.

What should I do. I am torn????
#2 of 5 Old 02-21-2003, 12:53 PM

I personally would offer again, and start writing your nursing memories down while they're fresh. I don't know what to hope for you - I'd be sad too.

Nancy
#3 of 5 Old 02-21-2003, 12:57 PM

Listen to your heart.

It is your choice.

Offering to nurse is NOT wrong, it is not going backwards, it is full of emotional and immunological benefits for years more if that is your choice, and linked to higher intelligence even up to and past age 2.

I don't agree with society saying you only want to do it for yourself. It still has immense benefits to your child.

And if you want to let her be weaned that is your choice too.

Personally I would offer too, but that is your choice.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#4 of 5 Old 02-21-2003, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your support I decided to try offering her the breast and if she did not want it I would not have forced her but she took it for almost 20 minutes. I am so happy I did not stop. I wonder if 1 feeding before bed time is enough to keep a supply and how long can I do that?

Thanks again
#5 of 5 Old 02-22-2003, 05:19 AM

well, since breastmilk is supply and demand, you should be able to keep milk as long as she is *demanding* it....even if it is just once a day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page