shaking while breastfeeding - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-18-2006, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ds3, 7 months, shakes when he is nursing to sleep. enough that my heart skips a few beats until he is through. it only happens when he is nursing TO sleep never any other time. he started doing it about 3 weeks ago.
#2 of 4 Old 04-18-2006, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds does that from time to time. I don't know why, though I do have some suspicions:

He's also recenlt began to get the heeby-jeeby-type shivers (like after a good pee, as my dh often reports...sorry to be gross). Babies don't shiver, it's something that comes later, maybe that later is now. Maybe it's his body learning to shiver?

Sometimes when people fall asleep, their nerves and brains go a little haywire...ever been almost asleep and involuntarily jerked yourself awake? Maybe it's related to that?

Finally, could he be holding himself up a little and between relaxing into sleep and trying to stay attached to the boob, maybe he quivers.??

If I pulled my son into me, he would quit the shaking. Try to change position and see if that helps.

It never hurts to check with the doc if your intuition tells you something's wrong, though.
#3 of 4 Old 04-19-2006, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
M 5 mo old E does that sometimes, and just today it was pretty bad. She had drifted to sleep and had to nurse her before I left for awhile, so I just pulled her over to me and nursed, her and she started shaking. It scared the crap out of me. We're presently staying with my MIL who is a ped. nurse, she said "she's fine, don't worry..." So I will tell you the same thing. Although, I want to know *why*!
#4 of 4 Old 04-20-2006, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynotgirl
M 5 mo old E does that sometimes, and just today it was pretty bad. She had drifted to sleep and had to nurse her before I left for awhile, so I just pulled her over to me and nursed, her and she started shaking. It scared the crap out of me. We're presently staying with my MIL who is a ped. nurse, she said "she's fine, don't worry..." So I will tell you the same thing. Although, I want to know *why*!
thank you and me too!! my second did that and the pedi told me it was infantile spasm syndrome and not to worry. i went home and looked it up and totally freaked out. when i finally got a hold of him he denied ever telling me that and totally avoided giving me a reason :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page