I LOVE breastfeeding!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-24-2003, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My nipples are sore and bleeding, my breasts have been on and off totally engorged for a couple of days, and I have gone from a 36 C to a 38 G bra size. AND, I love breastfeeding! I mean, it is so cool! it is absolutely the coolest thing my body has done, other than growing my precious babies of course. Everytime the babies poop or squirt me with a stream of pee, I just feel so proud! I mean, that came from me!

Anyway, just wanting to bond with other nursing mamas and say that I am so happy to be one .

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#2 of 3 Old 02-24-2003, 07:13 PM

I love to hear stories like yours. I belong to a multiples group and get so bummed hearing most of the moms talk about formula, schedules, etc. If your nipples don't get better soon see an LLL leader or IBCLC to make sure the latch is OK. I found that a good nursing pillow is key for keeping my nipples happy. One Step Ahead has a good one for nursing twins that isn't gargantuan like most of the others. Keep up the good work!
#3 of 3 Old 02-24-2003, 07:25 PM

wow, lex! I haven't checked in much these days so I totally missed that Jasper & Lucas were born! Welcome babies and horray for all of you!

I totally know what you mean about nursing. I felt the same way (still do) even with the pain early on. There defniately is normal & not-normal nipple pain, so I'm sure someone can help you know what's what. I was so 'expecting' some discomfort in the early days that I ignored blatant signs of a yeast infection for a couple of unecessarily painful weeks! yowch! I'm not saying that's your case though.

Glad you are enjoying your beautiful babes!

mamabutterfly

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page