Is this even "weirder" than ebf? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-26-2003, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, tell me if this is crazy or brilliant. I plan to nurse dd until she's done and off to college. But, since I know that breastmilk continues to have all sorts of good things for her in it whether or not she wants to nurse, would it be insane to pump it for her to drink from a cup once she's weaned herself? So far I've never bothered pumping because I've never been away from her for longer than a few hours but I do have this super high tech double nip pump (hand-me-down) which is sitting around collecting dust. Is it over the top? I have to admit that in writing this it does look like an idea that might not make it into practice, but if she weaned herself tomorrow, who knows?

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-26-2003, 03:33 AM

If my dd weaned before age 2 I would pump for her.

I would also pump for her if she weaned and wasn't eating well-- probably giving her 1-2 cups of milk until age 3 or so provided she had outgrown many of her allergies.

Lisa
#3 of 5 Old 02-26-2003, 03:27 PM

I'm giggling because it has crossed my mind that "my milk" would be better for the family than some cows! and why should your child stop drinking it? why if it is in your power to provide superior nourishment should you give them cows milk? maybe we are both nuts....
and it has crossed my mind to "pump forever" since When I'm breastfeeding is the only time I have boobs! ha ha
#4 of 5 Old 02-26-2003, 03:36 PM

I have thought of this too... I pump already as I went back to work when dd was 3 month old. She still drinks about 4-5 oz while I'm at work (and nurses evening, all night & morning) So I thought I'd just keep pumping for things like cereal or just drinking milk

my biggest problem right now is dh. he stays with dd during the day. he has no problem giving dd bottles. but he thinks it's gross to put my milk in cereal!!!

he thinks I'm nuts. How is that anymore nuts that putting cow's milk into her cereal?? ok, so it's organic.. but it's COW's milk!!

maybe I should revisit this topic with him tonight
#5 of 5 Old 02-26-2003, 11:21 PM

I know someone who did this. She had 4 kids and while she was nursing one she'd pump and freeze milk, and offer it in a cup to the other kids now and then

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page