6 month ped appointment - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-26-2006, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it went a little better and a lot worse than I expected. No fighting on the vax issue, he just nicely told us that he can't be our doctor because of the other doctors he is in practice with, but that if he were in solo practice, he would be happy to stay our doctor. But during the visit I decided that if he wasn't gonna boot us, I was going to leave. He called Evan overweight 3 times!!!! He even said, "What do you plan to do about that?" Me: "Uhhh, keep breastfeeding him." And told me that after 6 months, babies HAD to have solids. I told him that we had tried to give him some a couple of times and he wasn't raelly interested so I was going to try every couple of weeks until he did seem interested, and he basically told me to force the food on him. He also told me that I needed to night-wean him and that the reason he is so fat is because I nurse him on demand, which is every 3-4 hours at night. GRRRRRR!!!!! At least he said he would see him if we needed to before we got in with the new doc.

So anyways, we have an appointment with a new ped, but not until his 9 month check in July. I got the doc as a recommendation from some moms here on MDC and on an AP yahoogroup, so we shouldn't have much of a problem. Just wanted to fill ya'll in!

ETA: He was 21#9oz and 28 inches long with a 17 3/4 inch head circ. (Birth stats: 9#5, 21 1/2 inches long, 14 1/2 inch head circ) And I was a huge baby but thinned out nicely as a child
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-27-2006, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
good freakin' lord--is this ped. 87 years old? has heread any current research on breastfed babies?--not that I would condone force feeding a formula fed baby either...... blech....wh bother.

ps, my friend has an exclusively breastfed 6 month old at 22lbs. too.
sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#3 of 4 Old 04-27-2006, 01:28 AM

Why go for any WBV at all? If you feel you must see the new doctor to "check in" or whatever, just wait until a year or so. What's the point of a visit at 9 months?

And how ignorant for that dr.to call your baby fat. Tisk, tisk..... . If your baby were thinner, he'd prolly say your baby was too thin and suggest solids for that reason.

Throw yet another one onto the "Idiot Doctor" Pile.
#4 of 4 Old 04-27-2006, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, and the scary thing is this doc is the pediatric chief of staff at the local hospital, where we would go in an emergency! yikes!!!!:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page