Is this a plugged duct? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-05-2003, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel flu-ish, it happens very quickly...I get really cold and achy, have to go to bed and wait for ot to *break*. I usually feel much better the next day. This has happened to me twice in the last 2 weeks. One day a week I work 6 hours, dd(9m) goes with me and ds(4) goes to preschool. After I pick him up he goes straight to Karate. I always end up engorged. It's about 9 hours that ds doesn't nurse and with all of the running around the baby doesn't nurse as much. Could this be what's causing this to happen? Is it a plugged duct? It happened last night, I'm better today but my breast is still sore and I have a headache. Maybe I should start pumping at work??? ugh!
#2 of 4 Old 03-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Banned

Do you have a lump in your breast? Is there a hot and/or red patch on your breast? If so, you likely have a plugged duct. How long do you usually go between feedings during the day when you're at home with your 9 month-old? If you normally would feed more than once during that time, you should probably pump - even if that just means stripping yourself out by hand (whether or not you save the milk that you strip out).
#3 of 4 Old 03-05-2003, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

no lump but I did have a hot red patch. It's amazing that a plugged duct can make you feel so lousy. I'll just have to remember to express on Tuesdays.
#4 of 4 Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM

It's my understanding that flu-like symptoms are indicative of mastitis.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page