Surprisingly Sad About Weaning... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-07-2003, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I think that as of today my DD is weaned. She has been down to about once a week for about a month, and the week before that it was once every 3-5 days. I remember, though, at Christmas she went 2-3 days and we were *amazed*. Yesterday we were all set to nurse and she nursed and nursed (well, a couple minutes) and said, "Theres no milk." We tried the other side, same complaint. I showed her that yes, there was plenty of milk. She even felt my breasts to check. Decided to go to bed without nursing.

This morning DS was nursing and she wanted to, so she did. He had just taken a few sips off one side, so she scooted him over to the other side and tried it. Once again, "no milk." We talked about how maybe her mouth was too big (?) or something and that maybe she was done. Later today she agreed. Tomorrow her and I are going to "Build A Bear" and making each other stuffed animals to remind us of nursing and then out to dinner with DH & DS, too (her idea).

I am surprised at how almost sad I feel about it. I thought I was really ready after 4 years *and* having an 18 month old DS still nursing, but, I guess not...

It will be odd to just be nursing an 18 month old, seems so relatively mainstream, LOL

Kay

#2 of 4 Old 03-08-2003, 12:04 AM

Awww!! Its almost bittter sweet when they wean. Congrats on building a beautiful relationship with her that she will remember for a lifetime

: :Mama to 4 girls and Michael is here 9/11/09 We love :::
#3 of 4 Old 03-08-2003, 01:17 AM

Cograts on nursing so long.We celebrated 3 years of nursing yesterday.I know I am going to be so sad and lost when Littlebit decides to wean.I wish I could keep him a baby forever.
#4 of 4 Old 03-10-2003, 08:59 PM

Awww. I'm so sorry you are sad. I'm so glad to hear you are celebrating her transition too. That Bear will be a treasured keepsake .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page