Nighttime nursing~ What caN I do when I won't be home and its just daddy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2006, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need help. DS turned 1 on May 15th and we cosleep. He nurses to sleep everynight. Often b/c of work DH isn't home until after DS falls asleep. Usually DS falls asleep around 8 ish but could be anytime between 7 and 9pm. Tonight i wanted to go to Bingo at our camp with MIL. It started at 8. I left at 7:45 after nursing ds, but he didn't fall asleep. He was sitting at the table having some gold fish with daddy when I left. I pumped him a small bottle which he wouldn't take. He has only had a handful of EBM bottles in his life, and those were months ago.

So I took the walki talki and DH ended up using it an hour later because he tried everything and DS cried non stop and was now hyperventilating. So I came back to our camper and nursed him to sleep and went back to bingo to play what was left, when ds was sleeping.

I just started as a consultant with Usborne and if I do some shows on weeknights occassionally I will need DS to go to sleep for someone else either auntie or daddy while I am not there. DH said "see I told you he needs to learn to go to sleep on his own". In other words its my fault ds is close...ummm...attached to me....Isn't that the point of ap lol?

Anyways what do you guys suggest? Do your DC nurse to sleep all the time?

Please any tips, advice is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2006, 02:24 AM

I nurse dd to sleep 90% of the time, but daddy has his tricks too:

walk in the stroller
ride in the car
video :
walking/bouncing/dancing
wearing her in the MT

-Angela
Old 06-10-2006, 06:37 AM

I also nurse DD to sleep most of the time. The only other person that gets her to sleep is DH. He bounces her on the yoga ball. He loves it. He holds her in a nursing position and just gazes at her. It's very sweet. Or sometimes he sits outside with her. Good luck!

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
Old 06-10-2006, 06:56 AM

your husband will figure it out if he has to.

yep! around here it is a combo of the simpsons and bouncing her in his lap at the edge of the bed.

User Tag List