Relactating my 7 month old.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2003, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, I am new to this board (but I see a lot of familiar faces from other places! LOL)

I BF my dd Alexis till about 2 months. She was the first child that I was able to BF due to my PCOS and having no milk with my previous 4 children.

We ended up with OALD and FM/HM imbalance that could not be resolved. She was so sick and miserable, I finally decided that I was being selfish to keep making her feel so bad, and put her on formula to which she was finally "OK" within a day!

I still miss that time we had, and am determined to give it another go. Luckily, she is still willing to latch on and try to suck. I have my order of domperidone coming any day now, have fenugreek, mothers milk tea, blessed thistle tea, and my new best friend...medela PIS pump.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce us and hope that I can come here for some support.

I was not sure if we were allowed to post family websites here, but if we can, I will post our families so you can see who we are!

Thanks!

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2003, 05:25 AM

You are an inspiration!! I'm so glad to see someone is actually relactating! I know it can be hard. Whatever support you need--I'm here. Gosh, I'm so impressed!
Old 03-10-2003, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by veganmamma
You are an inspiration!! I'm so glad to see someone is actually relactating! I know it can be hard. Whatever support you need--I'm here. Gosh, I'm so impressed!
Thanks so much! I have to admit to being a little scared since this is truly my first BF relationship--and I know that relactating can be brutal! But I feel as if I have a lot going for me: mainly that I have more information , my insulin resistance is under control now and I don't have to produce "as much" milk since she will be starting solids...so I have hope that whatever I produce will be good enough for her. If not, at least I can nurse her for comfort and a little bit of milk.

So I am nervous, I don't have anyone IRL that is here to support me except for one friend who has BF both her kids, but she lives about 1 hour away from me

Not sure if LLL would be helpful or not? When I talked to them before, they did not even know what PCOS was and said that could not have anything to do with my milk production...I had to inform them why it did! LOL--any ideas there?

Thanks!

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
Old 03-10-2003, 05:40 AM

LLL will be supportive. Just going to meetings and talking to other moms is a big help. I met one of my firneds who is now on MDC at a LLL meeting. She was trying to get back to EBF her dd who was 3 mos old. She had gone down to almost 100% ff and is back to EBF! A big help for her was giving bottles of EBM instead of formula so she would nurse more often. I wish you were nearby, I'd give you all my bm. I have a HUGE freezerful!! I was just thinking there's got to be someone who needs it!

Lauren

User Tag List