Yerba Mate? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-12-2003, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i drink too much coffee. I dunno how I'd get through my day otherwise!

heh.

But I'm trying to get healthy now, and pre-babe I used to drink Mate when i quit/cut back on coffee. A midwife told me not to drink mate while pregnant. does anyone have any idea bout drinking it while breastfeeding?

Thanks!
#2 of 4 Old 03-12-2003, 10:39 PM

I don't know, but it does have caffine whih isn't great when nursing.

M

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#3 of 4 Old 03-13-2003, 12:01 AM

I can't tell from your post if you're nursing already or not. If you aren't I would avoid ALL caffeinated drinks when you start. Some resources tell you that up to 5 cups of coffee is OK when nursing. For my twins all it took was ONE . Starbucks gave me the real thing by mistake and DH and I paid for it all night. If you must have some caffeine stick to things that have the least amount. I can get away with a glass of iced tea or one Coke without much problem.
#4 of 4 Old 03-13-2003, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

Actually I've been nursing for four months, and i am one of the lucky ones...dd does fine with me having a cup or two of coffee. I just want to cut back for my own health--and also because even if it doesn't seem to be affecting her, me drinking less couldn't possible do her harm and might be good. ooo but i love my .

My understanding was that yerba mate has a stimulant in it which is imilar to caffiene, but not caffiene., anyone know anything about that?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page