Resuming period? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-12-2003, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is six weeks old & has been exclusively b/f. However, this morning I got my period! I thought you didn't menstruate while b/f. Could something be wrong?

Kristin
#2 of 6 Old 03-12-2003, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for double posting the question!
#3 of 6 Old 03-13-2003, 12:58 AM

I think it's just luck of the draw....I can't remember where but somewhere on the boards someone recently posted a poll about this. Some women get it really early even exclusively breastfeeding every 10 minutes, others don't get it back for months if not years.

But if your period's back you definitely can't rely on breastfeeding for birth control.....

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#4 of 6 Old 03-13-2003, 07:30 AM

Do you co-sleep? so she can nurse throughout the night? do you use a pacifier? Both of these can cause longer than usual stretches of time between nursings, and stimulate the return of your cycle. But we are all different. Too bad for you! It would've been nice to have a much longer break. The norm is 6 months, but yes, some go longer. I went 2 yrs with one of mine, but he nursed abt every hour all that time. Well, one longer stretch at night usually.
#5 of 6 Old 03-13-2003, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately, I think it's my period...the postpartum bleeding seemed to stop around two weeks ago. We've been room-sharing all the time, and co-sleeping part of the night, but I still can't get the hang of the side-lying nursing. Oh, well - I guess I'm just the unlucky one with this!
#6 of 6 Old 03-13-2003, 03:10 PM

It took me probably 4 months before ds and I were coordinated enough to nurse lying down.....and half the time he still wants to sit up. So don't feel uncoordinated or anything (or to put it another way you're in good company!)

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page