Friend in San Diego needs help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-16-2003, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know a really warm and competent LC in that area? I have a friend who is having major nursing trouble with her 4-day-old baby. Her husband is in the military and has been deployed, so she's alone with her newborn. Yikes! She needs some support. Can anyone help?
#2 of 8 Old 03-16-2003, 08:19 PM

Go to the La Leche League website . You can search for a Leader by area. If they can't help her, they may be able to recommend a good LC.
#3 of 8 Old 03-17-2003, 02:20 AM

have her call eve moran. i've only met eve once, but she seemed great - she runds milkmade at home and does LC, doula services, pump rentals, etc. i hired one of her partners as my doula for this pregnancy. i believe they will do a free consult over the phone and also have free bf support groups three days a week at the office (in the north park area) - i believe it is mon-wed-fri, so she might call and see what time and can go to that - she might get some good free help. i believe the prices for an actual one on one in person consult are $50 for on in office ocnsult and $100 for a home consult, but i bet they'sd help as much as they could regardless of price. their website is http://www.breastpumpsandiego.com/ if she wants to check it out.
#4 of 8 Old 03-17-2003, 02:21 AM

oh, nd if she just wants some one local to vent to, let me know - you could pass on my # to her.
#5 of 8 Old 03-17-2003, 12:13 PM

Eclipse, I had to delete Eve's phone # as we are not allowed to have it posted without permission. Rachel, PM Eclipse for the #.

~Stephanie~
#6 of 8 Old 03-17-2003, 05:48 PM

sorry!!! i didn't know. you might also be able to get it off her website.
#7 of 8 Old 03-17-2003, 06:37 PM

Eclipse, no problem, she can just get from you privately.
#8 of 8 Old 03-22-2003, 02:21 AM

I'm late jumping into this thread, but I wanted to second the recommendation for Eve. She helped me when my son wouldn't nurse for his first 6 weeks, and there's no way I would have had the willpower to keep pumping without Eve's help. Her rates aren't bad, but she also has (or at least had - I've since moved from San Diego) open hours every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday around noon, where you can come in, ask her questions, weigh your baby, and talk with other mothers. Tuesday and Thursday she has baby massage sessions. Her webpage (can't remember if someone already gave it out, is www.breastpumpsandiego.com.

So good luck to your friend, and I hope she gives Eve a call. She's a great lady.

Shanon

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page