EBF finally! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-16-2003, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, we have made it! DD turned one this weekend, so I suppose we are now officially EBFing. I remember those difficult first few weeks of Bfing, just hoping I could make it to my goal of 6 months. Ha ha! Here we are a year later, with no thoughts of stopping anytime soon!

I just wanted to say hello and formally introduce myself. My name is Andrea, and my daughter and I continue to share a wonderful nursing relationship. We have a few friends who have nursed their little ones, but only one who plans to allow her child to self-wean. I have been lurking here for a bit, trying to find ways to explain to our friends and family why we will continue to nurse for as long as DD wishes. Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions in this area. I am looking forward to learning more from all of the experienced EBFing mommies here!

Andrea
mommy to Greta 3/14/02
#2 of 9 Old 03-16-2003, 11:05 PM

congratulations on making it through the first year!
i can't believe i am about halfway through a SECOND! it goes so fast. i am so thankful i knew ahead of time about long-term nursing, because without nursing i would be one stressed out mama!
#3 of 9 Old 03-17-2003, 11:28 AM

#4 of 9 Old 03-17-2003, 11:58 AM

my lil one turned 1 last month. I have heard a few comments from the MIL and great grandma ( about time to wean?) I just say.."my milk is better for her than some cows and it will be a while before we are ready for that" I am so enjoying her!
Congrats!
#5 of 9 Old 03-17-2003, 04:15 PM

Congrats Andrea and Greta! My dd and I reached the same milestone last month. There is no end in sight for us either, and I am glad! Bfing is the best!
#6 of 9 Old 03-18-2003, 02:18 AM

Congratulations! What a great milestone, huh? My daughter is 14 months and I never though I would make it this far. She loves nursing and wouldnt be suprised if she went for another year
#7 of 9 Old 03-19-2003, 07:49 PM

My DD turned 4 in February and we are still nursing! I feel so connected to her. I have the great joy and privilege of watching her slip into sleep at least once every day. One nice thing is that we can talk about nursing. I am 6 weeks pregnant (!!!), and I'm able to ask her if the milk tastes different, or if there is a lot (or a little). Sometimes she uses nursing to get my attention (like crawling on my lap and helping herself when I'm on the computer and not paying attention to her), and I feel impatient. I try to remind myself how very, very fast she is growing, and that before long her nursing will be a sweet memory. Good luck!
#8 of 9 Old 03-19-2003, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the support. I so enjoy hearing about your wonderful nursing relationships, and I look forward to continuing mine for quite some time to come. DD certainly seems to have every intention of nursing for a good long time!!!

Andrea
mommy to Greta 3/14/02
#9 of 9 Old 03-19-2003, 10:44 PM

So wonderful!!!
Glad you made it this far !!!!
You sound just like me...Never thought I would ever be nursing a 34 month old...lol...
:bf

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page