Glad I listened to my intinincts (m/c ment) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2003, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I got pregnant I was really pressured to quit bf my ds (now almost 15mo) and I really did a lot of soul searching and decided that he and I just weren't ready to wean. I have been constantly defending my decision. I found out today I had a blighted ovum (esentially, the sac developed, but no baby developed). For a day or two previous to this I started spotting and was really wondering if I was going to be forced to quit nursing. Now I am so glad I listened to my instincts and continued nursing when I found out I was pregnant because it would be even more devastating if I had quit nursing for the pregnancy and then found out it was all for naught. I was probably one of the only mamas the ultrasound tech has had to give that news to who has sat in the chair and nursed her baby immediatly after getting the news (we hadn't nursed all morning because of the spotting and he was desperate). As I sat there with the picture of the empty sac next to me, I looked down at my ds nursing contentedly and realized that if he is my only child, he is enough. It was a bittersweet momment. I was so glad I had the comfort of nursing, it made the pain so much more bearable. I have had many m/c and, even though it is sadder in one aspect (really understand what I lost), it is easier because I am not left with empty arms.

Sorry for the ramble, I just wanted to share how comforting nursing was for me today and how profoundly it is helping me with my greiving process.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2003, 11:22 AM

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. But what a gift to have your nursling, what a little love.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:11 PM

I am so sorry for your miscarriage but it's great that you're able to find some comfort in the situation.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 03-20-2003, 12:12 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. What a difficult time this is. You are a strong woman for trusting your instincts and continuing your nursing relationship despite pressure to do otherwise. I have always felt as though my instincts are there for a reason - and this certainly supports that thought.

Hang in there. My thoughts are with you tonight.

Andrea
mommy to Greta 3/14/02
Old 03-20-2003, 01:35 AM

for you...so sorry for your loss......I am glad nursing gave you the comfort you needed...you did the right thing...our hearts never fail us.....

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

User Tag List