Funny nursing stories - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 47 Old 08-09-2006, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
These are so much fun to read. I'm gigglin'. I have a couple:

DD1 was 26mos, and received a new doll for xmas from the in-laws. She got really upset and wanted it OUT of the packaging immediately. She was very distraught. As soon as DH managed to wrangle it out she grabbed it, yanked her shirt up, sighed loudly and settled back on the couch to nurse that baby. I have pictures.

DD2 is now almost 20mos and has become very verbal, even in her sleep. The last few nights she will have her eyes closed and say, "Na-na, Mama, bed, plz," and then "don-goot" (thank you) as soon as I lift my shirt for her. She's so polite!

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 08-09-2006, 10:32 AM

A couple of years back, before I was even pregnant with my first child, I was at a dear friend's house holding her 1yo with her 3yo standing nearby (they were both still nursing at the time). The 1yo became hungry, so I told the 3yo that I was going to bring his brother to Mama to nurse. The 3yo looked at me like I was a bit daft and said "But you have nanas!" I said, "Yes, but my nanas don't have any milk in them."

The look of shock and horror on his face was PRICELESS. Of course he ran to his mom to confirm the news, yelling: "HER NANAS DON'T HAVE ANY MILK!!"

Yet another boy, growing up knowing what breasts are for...
#33 of 47 Old 08-09-2006, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When DS was six weeks old, he slept through the night for the first time and I woke up with two huge rocks on my chest. I woke him and started nursing him on one side and the other side started POURING milk. I soaked my PJs, my whole side of the bed, and DH's arm!

DS is starting to get very insistant when he wants his milk (like after his bath). If I take too long, he'll just grab my shirt and yank it up himself. I can't walk around the house topless anymore, or even change in front of him, because he takes that as an invitation to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

My favorite nursing memory is when I went to an LDS church with my friend. DS got fussy during the third hour, so I began nursing him. I was careful to be discreet because I know that Mormons encourage modesty, and I was sitting next to this little old lady in a wheelchair and I didn't want to embarrass her. DS fussed when I was switching sides and the lady grinned at me and said "He wants some more of that mama milk!" After the service, she "lectured" me that I should never be embarrassed or ashamed to nurse my baby and proudly told me how she nursed all of her children. It was so funny, this little teeny old lady in a wheel chair good-naturedly lecturing me about being proud to nurse my baby.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#34 of 47 Old 08-09-2006, 01:22 PM

I've got one from yesterday. My almost 4 yr old came in to my office, on his way to the pool with his cousin & uncle, wearing his swim trunks. I said hi to him and he said "I don't have my shirt on! Everybody can see my boo-boos! (breasts) I have little boo-boos. When I am this many (holds up 5 fingers), I will have big boo-boos and drink my own milkie!"

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#35 of 47 Old 08-09-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySunflowerBoys
I've got one from yesterday. My almost 4 yr old came in to my office, on his way to the pool with his cousin & uncle, wearing his swim trunks. I said hi to him and he said "I don't have my shirt on! Everybody can see my boo-boos! (breasts) I have little boo-boos. When I am this many (holds up 5 fingers), I will have big boo-boos and drink my own milkie!"
OK, that's cute. All of this are just awesome.
#36 of 47 Old 08-09-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySunflowerBoys
Reminds me of dd telling me that HER booboos are for LITTLE tiny babies, and mama's booboos are for BIG babies. That and that she HAS tried to nurse off of herself. :

eating baby booboo
#37 of 47 Old 08-12-2006, 12:29 AM

My niece and nephew (7 & 5) went for a car ride with me the other day. Thea still has some grumpy moments in the car and my nephew after listening to her cry for about 2 minutes said, "Could you PLEASE GIVE HER MILKIES!!! Babies really like the milkies and she won't cry anymore. That's what you should do anytime she cries ok"

What a great kid!
#38 of 47 Old 08-12-2006, 02:47 AM

I have one , last nite was my first LLL meeting .. My little guy is only 5 months old. I was sitting on the floor nursing him and one of the toddlers came over and was watching me,then sat on my lap. Then she decided that she wanted some too so she tapped me on the other breast (the one that i was not nursing on ) meaning that she wanted some I told her that she need to ask that mommy meaning her mom , it was cute we all got quite a chuckle

I am sure I will have more as the years go by !!
#39 of 47 Old 08-12-2006, 03:53 AM

Isaacs mom, that first picture on your baby site is crazy adorable!
#40 of 47 Old 08-12-2006, 04:03 AM

These are all too cute! I wish I had written some down!

This is not really funny but endearing to me. There was the time when my sis had just given birth to my niece and my niece would not nurse. My sis was so desperate for some relief from engorgement that we ended up having my 9 month old nurse her. He latched on, took a few sucks, and popped right off, looked at his aunty, back to me and let out the biggest giggle ever. He thought it was hilarious.

Oh, just remembered. DS is still nursing and likes to compare mama milk to other delicious treats Grandma and Grandpa sneak to him. I ask him which one's better, mama milk or cookies? "Mama milk!" (he lets out a big grin) Ice cream? "Mama milk, I love mama milk more" (then he lifts my shirt to make sure it's true) That always makes me smile!

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#41 of 47 Old 08-12-2006, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMama

This one isn't funny, but sweet. When I was pg with ds, I was really upset one day and crying while laying in bed. Dd1 pushes my breast up in my face and said, "Nurse mommy, feel better." I always think about that one when I hear that people are stopping nursing before a year - I would hate to have missed out on that.
What a sweetheart!

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#42 of 47 Old 08-12-2006, 10:24 AM

My funniest nursing story is the time I was laying in bed nursing my son and he started gently pushing the other breast. It was a little unusual, so I asked him what he was doing. He told me he was trying to get the milk from the other breast to go into his. At the time, I was nursing two and they each nursed from only one breast. Basically, he was trying to steal his sister's milk!
#43 of 47 Old 08-14-2006, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My DD loves her ET doll. Well her other toys can be fed food or bottle. BUT HER favourite dolls breastfed....her on one side....and ET on the other.....so yup I breastfeed an alien!
#44 of 47 Old 08-14-2006, 12:20 PM

now that I'm blessed with the pregnant 'fullness' again dd loves to snuggle into 'mummy's boobies' and tell me about how the baby in *her* bellybutton is going to have the milk from her littie boobies, and the baby in *my* bellybutton can have the milk from mummy's "normous" boobies

She loves to poke my nipples and say 'Charlie ate that!' she always sounds so surprised
#45 of 47 Old 08-14-2006, 03:14 PM

This thread has been so fun to read. And some of your stories inspired me to ask my son about what he thought momma's milk tasted like. He looked at me blankly when I asked him that, so I tried to rephrase the question in a way that he could answer..

Gosh, I NEVER realized, and it sure makes me feel amazing that he said he likes nursie milk MORE than ice cream, stawberries, and blueberry pancakes (with syrup).

Of course, it could have been a flawed test since I asked the questions- he didn't come up with the answers himself, I gave him choices. But he consistently said mommies milk.

Oh, I needed to hear that too!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#46 of 47 Old 08-14-2006, 04:26 PM

Oh oh! I got a new one!

Last night me and Brian were sitting in bed and I was getting ready to nurse Roxie. Before she got latched on, Brian got the idea to tease her by pretending to nurse (he just leaned in close to my nipple and made puckering noises), and when she saw that she got real mad and started fussing! It was soooo cute!!
#47 of 47 Old 08-14-2006, 04:51 PM

In the full throes of post partum hormones, I had just finished nursing DS. He was asleep as we reclined on the rocking chair chest to chest with his head on my shoulder. I gazed adoringly at his beautiful, perfect, sweet, sleeping baby face (cue sappy music) and was just so totally in the moment when....BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRP! The gust it created actually blew my hair back!

So much for my Hallmark moment! I nearly peed myself laughing!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page