Breastfeeding at any cost??? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalirush
It lets babies grow from infanthood to adulthood without starving to death. It is therefore nutritionally adequate, if no more than that.

And don't be silly. There is no way to absolutely say that choosing to FF is the wrong choice in every situation. Most situations? Maybe. But not every case. For example, you going to sit there and tell the 19 year old who just gave birth to a child whose father shot himself while the babe was in utero and doesn't even want to hold the child because the babe looks like the dad that she'd best whip out that boob? If she had, more power to her. But she didn't want to, and I'll stand by her that it was the right choice for her to make at the time.

I hate that I'm defending formula feeding in this thread. : I bf, my mom bf'd, and I've been advocating for bf since I was in my teens. But there needs to be respect for other mothers here.

Julia
Wow, cuz that senario is SO common, right? : No matter WHAT the circumstances...each baby is entitled to BM, why can't people grasp that!? Some mothers can't provide it, I understand, but those who can should!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#62 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm
Wow, cuz that senario is SO common, right? : No matter WHAT the circumstances...each baby is entitled to BM, why can't people grasp that!? Some mothers can't provide it, I understand, but those who can should!!
I never said it was common. You're the one who said that FF by choice was "wrong, no way around it."

I say, it's not always, 100% of the time wrong. I'm not trying to advocate for FF by choice generally. I'm just trying to say that, look- we're all mothers trying to do the best for our babies. Stop trying to decide whether another mother's particular decision was right or wrong, or whether she's a good or a bad mother and maybe go out and use that energy for something positive. Like, getting the government to actually limit formula marketing for real. Or trying to get more doctors to know the real legit basics of human lactation. Or... the list goes on.

Julia
#63 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I'd heard this "most of women who stop was because of misinformation" crap.
I feel like this is directed at me, so let me clarify.

The reason formula was invented is because there were situations in which a mother couldn't breastfeed.

Lorax, NYCVeg, everyone else in their situations--I am so sorry that you went through that. I am as pro-breastfeeding as they come, and I can't say for sure that I would have kept doing it under those circumstances-- to you for being that committed.

The problem isn't with situations in which a woman genuinely can't breastfeed, in which the baby is starving or in which the mother's nipples are bleeding profusely and scarred, or still excruciatingly sore after many months.

The problem is that a few generations ago, the medical community decided that formula was better than breastmilk, and everyone formula-fed. We've gotten so far removed from the days in which breastfeeding was the norm, that many women don't have any idea what is normal or how to get started anymore--and our parents' generation and the medical community are far too quick to encourage a woman to go to formula. The mainstream parenting advice for feeding infants and teaching them to sleep is geared around formula-feeding. I was told I might have to do it when I had not even had a chance to try breastfeeding--and this was by a pediatrician. I was told when DS was three months old, "You need to give him some formula so he'll sleep through the night." Umm...maybe I'm not in a hurry?

Yes, there are some women who can't breastfeed, and they should not be made to feel guilty for using formula. Julia is right--our goal should be encouraging mothers to breastfeed and helping them to get started and continue with it. Our goal should not be "demonizing" formula per se, but making breastfeeding the norm and formula-feeding the exception.

Hope that makes more sense. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
#64 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
we're all mothers trying to do the best for our babies.
No. You've never heard another mother say "I FF. It's just as good." Or, "I don't want to BF, it's not for me, it's gross..." That is NOT "trying to do what's best for our babies."

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#65 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:
No. You've never heard another mother say "I FF. It's just as good." Or, "I don't want to BF, it's not for me, it's gross..." That is NOT "trying to do what's best for our babies."
I believe we're at MDC, and I've never heard an MDC mother say that.
#66 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingo82
I believe we're at MDC, and I've never heard an MDC mother say that.
Oh, sorry - I thought we meant people in general...how many 19YO's who can't even look @ their baby cuz they look like the dead DH have you met on MDC?

#67 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 09:57 PM

what on earth are we all fighting for?

please leave the word "martyr" out of this conversation. I mentioned pumping blood, but I never, NEVER, would tell someone else that they have to go as far as I did to bf their child. I'm a SAHM. I have no other kids. I have the resources and time to pump for as long as I have- and at this point, down to four times a day, it barely even bothers me anymore. Yet I completely understand that someone else, who has more kids, who has a high needs kid, who has to WOH, or whatever- would not go this far.

what we were asked is, if it's worth it. And if you choose to go to great lengths to breastfeed in the face of adversity, it IS worth it, for your child. Still, everyone gets to choose whether or not it's worth it FOR THEM, obviously, because breastfeeding rates are abysmally low. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a place to go like MDC where other mothers can offer alternatives to try, offer support to keep going, and provide information- because many people, including myself, may never received this anywhere else, from anywhere else.

I care what other babies are fed, because I care about babies.

To the other EP'ing mama who feels like you're not sure if it was worth it- I bet it was. You never know if your dd would have developed reflux, or allergies, or become ill more often, etc. She has lowered risks of cancer, so do you- it sounds like the awful time you had with nursing was even more of a stressor than the EP'ing. Sometimes I think more people should EP- if you can let go of the dream of the nursing relationship, EP'ing becomes a tedious, inconvenient, frustrating chore, but at least you're not feeling like a failure at bf'ing with a screaming infant at the breast who's losing weight etc. I always knew from Day 1 that dd could never nurse (cleft palate) and I have none of the guilt or feelings of failure that other EP'ing moms who had problems with latch or things of that nature. I dunno. I'm rambling

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#68 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

What about the momma who has to go back to work at Walmart to keep a roof over her and her baby's head at 6wks PP (if she's lucky) And there are more of those women out there than you think....They aren't allowed pumping breaks, hell they are barely allowed to go PEE let alone pump. What do you suppose those women do?
#69 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276
what on earth are we all fighting for?

please leave the word "martyr" out of this conversation. I mentioned pumping blood, but I never, NEVER, would tell someone else that they have to go as far as I did to bf their child. I'm a SAHM. I have no other kids. I have the resources and time to pump for as long as I have- and at this point, down to four times a day, it barely even bothers me anymore. Yet I completely understand that someone else, who has more kids, who has a high needs kid, who has to WOH, or whatever- would not go this far.

what we were asked is, if it's worth it. And if you choose to go to great lengths to breastfeed in the face of adversity, it IS worth it, for your child. Still, everyone gets to choose whether or not it's worth it FOR THEM, obviously, because breastfeeding rates are abysmally low. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a place to go like MDC where other mothers can offer alternatives to try, offer support to keep going, and provide information- because many people, including myself, may never received this anywhere else, from anywhere else.

I care what other babies are fed, because I care about babies.

To the other EP'ing mama who feels like you're not sure if it was worth it- I bet it was. You never know if your dd would have developed reflux, or allergies, or become ill more often, etc. She has lowered risks of cancer, so do you- it sounds like the awful time you had with nursing was even more of a stressor than the EP'ing. Sometimes I think more people should EP- if you can let go of the dream of the nursing relationship, EP'ing becomes a tedious, inconvenient, frustrating chore, but at least you're not feeling like a failure at bf'ing with a screaming infant at the breast who's losing weight etc. I always knew from Day 1 that dd could never nurse (cleft palate) and I have none of the guilt or feelings of failure that other EP'ing moms who had problems with latch or things of that nature. I dunno. I'm rambling
I hope you do not think I singled you out by going on about the blood thing! I have read that MANY times. That is why I used it, not because of you! No offense, please!

I feel like the point of this thread has become very deeply lost. The origional question was "breastmilk at any cost?", and it has boiled back down to the old, FF by choice is WRONG! Well, der, that's not what we're talking about!

My first nursing experience sucked. I weaned early do to many issues. Was later made to feel horrible by other mother's online, and then re-lactated, and exclusively pumped for the next two years. Hence my oldest was supplemented with formula from day one. He was formula fed from three months to fifteen months of age. He is smart, healthy, lovingly attached, and doesn't wet the bed! (From the lactivism bord...)

Now, thankfully, my second and now third nursing relationships have been EXCELLENT. Just the way I always imagined.

If I had a fourth baby, and we had nursing issues that couldn't be overcome, and I cringed when it was time to feed, and couldn't enjoy the beauty of nursing for the horrible pain I felt, and couldn't even recognize my own nipples, then I would look at my sweet Hunter, who is on every level of his brother Wolf (an EBF baby), I would switch to ABM, and bottle nurse my fourth HEALTHY and SMART child!
#70 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114
What about the momma who has to go back to work at Walmart to keep a roof over her and her baby's head at 6wks PP (if she's lucky) And there are more of those women out there than you think....They aren't allowed pumping breaks, hell they are barely allowed to go PEE let alone pump. What do you suppose those women do?
Do you honestly think NO mother has provided BM in spite of this, or similar circumstances? Really?!

#71 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:23 PM

I breastfeed my daughter because it's healthiest for her and for me. However, I want better for her as a woman than having "pumped 8 oz of blood to feed baby" be the gold standard for motherhood. Good lord. Queen Victoria is dead, people, onward and upward.
#72 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I don't know that a bf baby whose mom is numb, frustrated, depressed and angry is truly better off than a ff baby whose mom can attach to her.
Early on I highlighted this to quote because it resonated with me. Then I went on to read the whole thread and I couldn't remember what I had copied and if I still wanted to comment on it.....but I do.

ITA with NYCVeg (and we are in the same DDC so I have reading about her heart-wrenching physical and emotional pain and supporting her as best I can).

I have also taught prenatal and mommy and baby yoga for several years now. In this role I have had several mothers share their birth and breastfeeding challenges with me and I have cried and grieved with them. and IT HAS CHANGED ME. Deeply...in my core.

I am a tandem nursing mother and very much consider myself a lactavist. I started a birith network in my state, I write letters to the newspaper, NIP all over the place, and look for every opportunity I can find to support breastfeeding in any way I can. I love helping other mothers breastfeed and I want to do everything I can to remove the MANY, MANY barriers to breastfeeding....but I have also experienced the deep pain that mamas who tried....and I mean TRIED....NYCVeg level of trying....and decided that what they were sacrificing (mental health, physical health, marital relations, PPD) was too great.

I have seen the shame in their eyes when they have to pull out a bottle. I see the tears when other mamas in the class talk glowingly about nursing. And I want to support these wonderful women as much as I want to support breastfeeding.

I do not think the 'formula is evil' approach and passing judgment on mamas who choose to FF (for whatever reason) does any good for anyone. Write letters, lobby senators, work for more baby-friendly hospitals, nurse out, nurse in.....but PLEASE be gentle with your words and with each other. You really don't know what she is experiencing/has experienced and while many of you seem to think that "making the best choice" for one's family is a cop out....isn't that what we are all doing???

Whether we are undereducated, un-supported, uninformed, ignorant....or if we are long-time MDC-ers who have all the information but bodies/babies who don't seem to want to cooperate with our plan.....we're all doing the best we can with the cards we've been dealt.
#73 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Do you honestly think NO mother has provided BM in spite of this, or similar circumstances? Really?!
But see this goes back to leaving it to the mother to know what she is up to. There are mothers who work outside of the home, and yet manage to breastfeed, AND homeschool!!! Yeah, I've talked to them!!!: Then there are mothers with ONE baby, and a husband who willingly comes home from a full day of work to clean and cook and wash laundry, and yet are so overwhelmed by emotions, that they really just can't nurse. That demand is just too much on them. Even their therapist can't tell them why, it just is, and in that case the baby is better off being FF, because it has a better mother for it. And yes, I've known a few mothers like this too, (I was once in depression circles, ok?).

Some moms will use the cigarette break to pump in the filthy bathroom with a crappy-ass gerber pump. She isn't a martyr. Other moms will not hold up to that, and will only night nurse. They are not bad moms. And yet others, will be so overwhelmed with their crappy Wal-Mart job, and their family needs, that they'll wean when they return to work. and they're good moms too.
#74 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114
Come now, she can strap the pumps to her breast while she is checking out the customers at Wally's. : (sorry, I needed to lighten the mood, excuse my poor manners)

Realistically I agree that there are a lot more of those women then many of us are aware of.

I don't know, reading this thread I am once again saddened by how cut and dry so many Mamas make it.

I was a 19 yo old Mama who ff'd my first child, 14 years later I am nursing my almost 1 yo dd.. it was lack of information that prevented me from nursing ds, however with knowledge I probably still would have chosen to FF'd him. :

I just was not in the head space to nurse and at 19, well... I barely knew me and while I have regrets I most certainly haven't spent the past 14 years saddened because ds got no BM.

In the end, its society that needs the overhaul to nromalize breastfeeding in general, not beating up on individial Mamas. KWIM?

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#75 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama
I have seen the shame in their eyes when they have to pull out a bottle. I see the tears when other mamas in the class talk glowingly about nursing. And I want to support these wonderful women as much as I want to support breastfeeding.

I do not think the 'formula is evil' approach and passing judgment on mamas who choose to FF (for whatever reason) does any good for anyone. Write letters, lobby senators, work for more baby-friendly hospitals, nurse out, nurse in.....but PLEASE be gentle with your words and with each other. You really don't know what she is experiencing/has experienced and while many of you seem to think that "making the best choice" for one's family is a cop out....isn't that what we are all doing???

Whether we are undereducated, un-supported, uninformed, ignorant....or if we are long-time MDC-ers who have all the information but bodies/babies who don't seem to want to cooperate with our plan.....we're all doing the best we can with the cards we've been dealt.
#76 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:39 PM

Quote:

:

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#77 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:

I have also taught prenatal and mommy and baby yoga for several years now. In this role I have had several mothers share their birth and breastfeeding challenges with me and I have cried and grieved with them. and IT HAS CHANGED ME. Deeply...in my core.

I am a tandem nursing mother and very much consider myself a lactavist. I started a birith network in my state, I write letters to the newspaper, NIP all over the place, and look for every opportunity I can find to support breastfeeding in any way I can. I love helping other mothers breastfeed and I want to do everything I can to remove the MANY, MANY barriers to breastfeeding....but I have also experienced the deep pain that mamas who tried....and I mean TRIED....NYCVeg level of trying....and decided that what they were sacrificing (mental health, physical health, marital relations, PPD) was too great.

:

: I am a woman of faith; a mother; a writer. :
#78 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:46 PM

No, NOT everyone is doing the best they can - you cannot honestly believe that...

#79 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
No, NOT everyone is doing the best they can - you cannot honestly believe that...
Ummmm yes. I honestly do.

Not everyone is doing the best that YOU can...or that I can...or that HUMANS in general can. But I do believe that all individuals are doing the best that they can in their current circumstances (genetics, education, support, physical/mental health, environment etc. etc.).
#80 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:54 PM

So you think moms who just don't give a flip aren't real?

#81 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow! Very emotional, heated thread.

Great post Erin. ITA.

Amanda and all you mamas that have been or are going through hell to BF .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#82 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok, say they choose to breastfeed during those 6 weeks at home, great. But then they are forced back to work, not allowed to pump, and umm guess what, Engorgement, mastitis and a whole slew of other problems kick in due to cold turkey weaning. Babe rejects the breast after work due to nipple confusion, you see the rest of it right?

6 weeks of breastmilk, great! but then the mom loses work hours and possibly her job/homefrom treating a raging case of mastitis due to the fact she's not allowed to pump at work, let alone take a pee break.

There are MANY barriers to establishing a succesful breastfeeding relationship. I consider myself DAMN lucky to have had the support structure I did when I had my DD. My midwives, my mother, all worked in synch by giving me enough opportunities to nurse, overcome latch problems and whatnot, I breastfed my DD for only 8 months, because I KNOW I was uneducated about older baby's nursing habits, and didn't have much other support from my mother (whom only nursed me for 3 months before putting me onto home made formula) to get through a nursing strike.

I'm determined this time to make it last for as long as I possibly can. Mostly for my childs health. Her father has some severe environmental and food allergies, and if i can combat that (I only have very mild environmental allergies) through breastfeeding I will.

I just refuse to pass judgement on those moms who have to get back into the workforce at 2-6 weeks Post partum, who just dont see the point in starting it because it will have to end so soon and they'll cause themselves serious pain and possible infection from suddenly having to stop.

There are women out there who HAVE to be on medication that isn't safe for lactation. There are women out there who lost both breasts to a double mastectomy. There are women who have to go back to school/work as soon as they birth. Some mommas are even commited to Mental hospitals due to post partum psychosis...no contact with their children allowed.

This is part of the Lactivist movement that irks me. I'm all for breastfeeding, and I believe every woman who can, should at least give it a go. But, I do realize NOT EVERY WOMAN CAN. Some, have to go back to a sweatshop job. Some, get sick, either physically or mentally and can't do it.

Sure it's damn easy to give up. And it takes alot of hard work and effort to keep the breastfeeding relationship going, in the face of the cultural blockades. But dont judge the mommas for whom the cultural blockades are too high, such as the single momma who works at Walmart for $6/hr to scrape enough money for a bachelor roach apartment for her and her baby to come home to every night....
#83 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisupulla
In Sweden more than 50% of the infants are still breastfeeding at 6 months. In the U.S., only about 20% are still breastfeeding at 6 months. Clearly, the reasons for the difference is not that women are unable to breastfeed.
Well, I'm new here, so I haven't seen a lot of the judging the op is talking about.

I totally agree with the above quote!

Honestly, I do silently judge women who don't even try or don't try very hard. I think it's not fair to their babies! Obviously there are times when a woman really can't bf. Most of the time though, the women I hear talking about this IRL really didn't give it an honest try.

I didn't have an easy start with my son. I remember going into my closet and crying my eyeballs out b/c I feared he'd never latch on. It was hard! I could have just whipped out all those free formula samples that arrived in the mail and told my friends, "Oh, I tried to bf, but he just couldn't latch on."

I have a lot of respect for ladies who try and try to bf, even if it doesn't work out in the end.

Casey

Casey
Mama to DS 2/22/06 and DS 3/27/09 :
#84 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
First of all, dharmama, you rock, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

Secondly, rmzbm: I guess my response is... AND? It's just that

1) I don't see how it's possible for *you* to decide which mamas are doing their best and which mamas aren't

and

2) Even if it were, what *precisely* do you think is served by pinning "good mommy" and "bad mommy" badges on people? Do you think it will up the bf rate?

What are you gonna do- advocate taking their kids away because they ff by choice because they don't like being inconvenienced? 'Cause trust me, as someone who probably cosleeps and doesn't vax, you don't want to get into that.

Julia
#85 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama
Do you really think that breastfeeding is SO important that it is worth enduring weeks and months of pain and frustration, exhaustion, and/or compromising one's mental health?
No.

Here is my story. I bf ds for 2 yrs. I had a super easy start and absolutely no problems. I was very judgmental towards anyone who said they could not bf.

Enter dd. She has moderate reflux and at the age of 3 months absolutely refused to nurse unless she was asleep or very very sleepy. I gave up dairy and soy, all spicy foods and normal culprits and still she would not nurse. Six weeks later, after a month that included many days of calling dh at 4:30 (he's supposed to leave work at that time but usually can't) and begging him to come home, then he would come home to find me, ds, and dd in tears, I decided to give up and pump exclusively. (At this point ds was so jealous that he was exhibiting signs of childhood depression. Dd was getting so much attention and I was trying everything I could think of to get her to nurse. I used all the LLL suggestions on nursing strikes (in the tub, standing up pacing in the sling, etc.)

Finally it got so bad that she would turn her head away from me in her sleep and purse her lips shut tightly. She hated nursing THAT MUCH.

But, she would not drink my pumped milk. I decided, finally, to try formula and see if she would drink that.

Thank God, she would not drink it, or she would now be formula fed.

I had to keep trying. We saw a GI specialist who put her on Prevacid which was scary for me but within 4 days she was nursing again.

So, that is our story. It was not worth my sanity, my son's mental health, my daughter's physical health, and my husband's sanity, for me to keep trying to nurse her. Had there been another option, I would have given up.

I never thought it would happen to me and now I feel sorry for all those that I judged without walking in their shoes.
#86 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

oh and the women who just dont give a flip, they exist, I personally knew several. I also knew one woman who could NOT breastfeed due to some severe sexual and physical abuse in her past that involved her breasts (Read her stepfather raped her then burnt her nipples off with a cigarete)

So yeah I know mommas who didn't give a flip about breastfeeding and thought their breasts were toys for their significant others, but I dont let those bad apples spoil the barrel of the ones who genuinely have difficulty, be it physical, emotional, or cultural.
#87 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
As long as the babies are being basically cared for and not abused...
WOW!! So "not abused" is the standard??!! WOW!! And the argument that FF grows infants to adulthood is a selling point?! Cuz from 6 weeks up I grew on cow's milk. I'm alive so it's OK & safe, right? And some moms truly do not give a crap, despite being offered TONS of help. My mother is one.

#88 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's aweful Marie to have a mama that doesn't seem to care.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#89 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:
WOW!! So "not abused" is the standard??!! WOW!! And the argument that FF grows infants to adulthood is a selling point?! Cuz from 6 weeks up I grew on cow's milk. I'm alive so it's OK & safe, right? And some moms truly do not give a crap, despite being offered TONS of help. My mother is one.
By the way, I posted that and then spent 10 minutes trying to edit it out, and I edited it before anyone actually responded. It was poorly chosen wording.

Let me reiterate:

I do not think formula feeding by choice is good (usually)
I do not think formula feeding is as healthy as breastmilk, which is the standard

These are not the points up for debate. My point is this:

From a practical standpoint, what do you intend to do about it? Dharmama advocated giving other mothers the benefit of the doubt, and being gentle with each other. You seem to disagree. So, what exactly do you advocate doing? Should we go around bringing ff moms to task for formula feeding? And if so, what practical benefit do you think that will bring?

Julia
#90 of 474 Old 07-23-2006, 11:13 PM

nevermind

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page