Have I been cursed by the goddess of yeast?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2003, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering whether I have yeast again.....on both my nipples, but especially the right one, I have several spots that are raised, red, and roughened looking, and one or two spots are a little flaky. I didn't have these last time we had yeast, and I don't have the deep shooting pains I had then (although I am having some moderate itchiness on both breasts, but they've always been itchy.

Does this sound like yeast or something else?

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2003, 03:48 PM

it seems hard to get a definitive diagnosis of yeast on nipples. How about trying some OTC cortisone ointment. If it's just some skin abrasion, that should help clear it up. If it's thrush, it won't have any affect. Then you might wanna consider thrush treatment.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:34 PM

Is your baby eating solids? If so,it could be eczema...sometimes particles of food can be in baby's mouth and cause a reaction on your nipples.

User Tag List