Best multi-vitamins for breastfeeding moms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2006, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I want to buy some new vitamins--just finished my last jar of prenatals that I wasn't crazy about. I'm a nursing mama who feels tired quite often, so I'm sure I need the iron. I was wondering if there was a good brand of multi-vitamins for nursing mamas? (especially one like me who doesn't get all the fruits and veggies in her daily diet that she should )

Amy ~ SAHM to DS (9) DD (5) and DS (2) And  expecting a  stork-girl.gif  late May 2012!

homebirth.jpg  cd.gif  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif  winner.jpg  novaxnocirc.gif  goorganic.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2006, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd recommend Rainbow Light's Complete Prenatal System if you're willing to take 6 tablets a day. (They have a once-daily tablet as well, but it's low on bulky ingredients like calcium.) With DD still nursing, I prefer to stick to prenatal vitamins. I looked up a few different brands of prenatals, and this one came closest to the breastfeeding supplementation suggestions in Mother Nurture.

chanale ✡, ❖bibliophile❖ ❇vegan❇ mom to diva (5½)
madly in with spiritwolf, dad to (9) & (5½)
Old 07-29-2006, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I take a blend of generic (store brand) vitamins since we don't have a lot of money and I've found they work just as well. Every day I take:

-pre-natal (I've been taking them for over two years now and like the Wegman's store brand the best)
-calcium (one morning, one afternoon)
-flax oil (capsules, I can't stand the straight liquid)
-vitamin e
-vitamin c

If you're tired, also check out getting a Bvitamin blend. Iron is good, but you need to keep your Bvits up and balanced as well!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

User Tag List