Question .... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-22-2003, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there. I am a few weeks from my sons third month. I think I am starting my period. I started around this time with my first son as well. I nursed him for like four months. I just want to make sure that this will do nothing to my supply. With son number two I am feeding on demand...using NO pacifiers or supplement bottles....just breast. He is having the good diapers and loves to eat. I just have all these friends who don't start thier periods for as long as they nurse. Will this effect my supply...I want to nurse for atleast a year....Please help put these fears to rest...I love nursing my baby. I regretted not doing it longer for my first.....
#2 of 6 Old 03-23-2003, 05:47 PM

Starting your period shouldn't affect your milk supply. I have had 3 sisters that all started again 2-4 months after delivery.

Best Wishes!! Happy Nursing :bf

Sarah
#3 of 6 Old 03-23-2003, 08:50 PM

I started my cycle at 11 weeks PP, DD is 9 months old and is still almost exclusively BFed. Oh, and I am also 9 weeks pregnant.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#4 of 6 Old 03-24-2003, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies...I was just worried..I didn't have anything to go on with my first because I listened to everyone that told me my child wasn't getting enough milk and gave him a bottle....He didn't want it but I felt forced by well-meaning people so I kept on till he took it. Gosh that still hurts me. I could cry.....

And I so want to only BF this baby....so the period thing freaked me out. Although I just had a tinges....no period...guess this is normal as well.
#5 of 6 Old 03-24-2003, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Oh congrats on wee one!
#6 of 6 Old 03-24-2003, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi! For some reason I have less milk on the first day or so of my period. There's always enough for baby, but i never can get any with the pump on those days....
Not to worry you, just don't panic if it happens to you (like i did! ) ~it only lasts a day or two, then back up to full supply!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page