When will the green poop go away ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-22-2003, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have a foremilk/hindmilk plus OAL issue. I had it with my first ds and now this one too, altho not as bad (however my first NEVER really had the green poop). My dd is now 6 1/2 weeks. We've been working on the issue since she was about 3 weeks old. I am only nursing one side every - 3-4 hours, sometimes 5 hours. I feel like I am finally starting to balance out, I am not spraying everywhere, she is only really puking alot once a day if I am not paying attention to her and let her nurse herself overly full. I *just* stopped leaking at night (I still leak, but I am not soaked). She only nurses off of one boob each night - and for the most part is sleeping a straight 6 hours and then giving me another 3, and then another 2. I try and pump off the morning boob if I seem too engorged so that she doesn't get overfull with all the foremilk and tame the OAL and start the day puking on me. I don't pump otherwise. She was born at 8 lbs 15 ounces and is now over 12 lbs. She nurses every 2-3 hours in the day, mostly every 3, but every now and then has a cluster period of 2-3 nursings in a 2-3 hour period. I also have to take her off the boob because she is such a strong sucker, or she will vomit (and i mean 1/2 - 1 cup full, not spit up) and she doesn't really get too much comfort nursing yet, but that is one she gets the same boob for such a long period. My son had to nurse every 45 minutes but she is content as can be, goes long periods, is fat and in size 3 huggies already so I know she msut be getting enough something. But the point of this question is, she only has ONE yellow poop a day. The rest are green, green green. Forest green. There is some curd/mustard seed in there, but they are pretty mucousy too. ANd they are stinky. And I can't remember my son having stinky poop. I mean she smells sometimes like she is already on solids or something.

Last night was the first time that I noticed that she had a hard time before bed with me not having "enough" milk, she had nursed twice and puked twice (she has a cold and more prone to puking lately) and I felt floppy and my let down was not coming and she was screaming her little head off. It took A LONG time to get my let down - so I know the "system" is really working and my milk is getting better adjusted to her. But the poop is still green, and I am wondering if I can still use this as an indicator to the OAL/hindmilk issue or if it is just going to be green. Can you ahve green poop and NOT have imbalance ?

Is something else going on ?

Help Ladies !
#2 of 2 Old 03-22-2003, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As long as she is gaining, not uncomfortable/gassy, I'd say, relax. yes, you probablyhave an abundance of foremilk, but she wouldn't be gaining well if that is all she was getting. I heard one mom here to say, her dd was in so much pain from this issue, she had to give one side only for 8-9 hours!!!

Here is a poop link

http://www.drjaygordon.com/pediatricks/poop.htm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page