Hurts to nurse on one side. HELP! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-23-2003, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Gosh I have got a love/hate relationship with nursing right now. Of course I'd never quit over this but Cassidy's tooth must of rubbed my nipple the wrong way on one side and now a week later it still hasn't heeled and it hurts real bad to nurse. I'm still nursing her and grinding my teeth while I do it... IT HURTS!!! DD has no clue how much it hurts. She's almost 18 months and this is the first time I ever had a problem. I'm trying lansolin and different positions. Does anybody have more advice?

I don't like pumping and I don't get much out when I try anyways so I don't think that's an option.

Thanks in advance (TIA)
#2 of 5 Old 03-26-2003, 10:55 AM

Well, you may not like to pmp, but if it hurt less than nursing, why not give it a try? Of course, you need a good pump, like a Medela or Isis. Or use hand expression. You will get milk out pumping if you don't nurse it out. Try warm compresses or a shower first. Then massage, lean over and jiggle the breast, then pump.

Go to the scar prevention section of the drugstore and look for adhesive pads. They aid in healing, moist wound healing.

link:

http://www.leron-line.com/wound_healing.htm
#3 of 5 Old 03-26-2003, 12:56 PM

My nips have also been very slow to heal when they've had various thrush infections or scrapes or cracks or whatever. It just takes time and patience.

I second the varied positions -- less of friction on the same spot, the same way will help.

Hang in there!
#4 of 5 Old 03-26-2003, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I just went through a similar experience. My sister in law suggested that I put a raw cabbage leaf in my bra wraped around my nipple. It's supposed to draw out infection and encourage healing. I didn't try it because my body started healing on it's own but she swears by this method. Good luck, I hope your body heals soon!

Jenn
mama to noah
21 months
#5 of 5 Old 03-27-2003, 11:18 AM

wow, i just went through the same thing with my ds (17mos.). the thing that helped most was changing positions. it took about a week to fully heal. good luck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page