Night Weaning and Late Period - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-23-2003, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I night weaned my 18 month old four nights ago, and it's going great (he was ready this time, not a few months ago like when I tried then..)
but now I'm a few days late! Okay, I was one of the UnLucky ones who started the menses back at 5 months post partum, despite no bottles, paci, and fed on demand day and night (it happened w/ my dd too)
I'm just wondering if the night weaning is affecting my hormones some?
If not I might be pg. because I'm *never* later than 29 days (today is 32)

:
Kelli
mom to Emily 5 1/2
Cal 18 months

Mommy to Emily (16), Cal (12) and Claire Bear (3)
#2 of 9 Old 03-23-2003, 10:06 PM

Kelli,

Sorry I don't have any advise for you, but I am going through a similar situation. I just posted a new thread. My 21 month old son has been night weaned for a week. Now my breasts and nipples are sore. I think I'm also late but as I am often irregular it's hard for me to tell. I also started having my periods when my son was 7 months old. I was amazed to read that some moms haven't gotten their period again until their children were 2. Well just thought I'd share. Hope all turns out well.

Jenn
Mama to Noah, 21 months
#3 of 9 Old 03-23-2003, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Jenn
I know, I must just be very hormonal because I never supplemented or anything!
What worries me is I'm very regular. And I had some unusual discharge the day I was supposed to start but nothing more. The same thing happened when I was pg. with Cal, in fact I used a tampon b/c I thought I was having the flow but I was pregnant!
I took a test yesterday but it was neg. I'll test again if I dont start by tomorrow. Have you tested yourself?
Kelli

#4 of 9 Old 03-23-2003, 10:26 PM

Kelli,

Ahhhhh, the tests, I torture myself with them. I have tested, it said negative. This doesn't mean much to me because I am irregular and because with my son the test barley read positive, even the one I took at the dr's was hard to read. So now I'm just waiting. Sometimes hoping yes, sometimes no. This defintly was not a time we planned to have a baby. But blessings come when you least expect it.

I have the urge to test again but I'm going to wait a couple more days.

Jenn
#5 of 9 Old 03-23-2003, 11:06 PM

My dd didn't night wean until after I was pg, but I did get pg when she was 15 mos old. We weren't trying, not 'not trying'. It sounds like you could be pg. I would think, hormonally, nightweaing would increase your chance of getting a period. I was also very regular (every 22-23 days before dd, every 27-28 days after dd, before ds, not sure after ds- only have had a period once or twice).

Hope you get the results you want!!

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#6 of 9 Old 03-23-2003, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

I am hopeful too and other times hoping to start.
If your breasts are sore and tender that def. sounds like you could be.
Let me know what happens, I'll keep checking this thread. Shelbean, thanks for your reply too!
Kelli
--going crazy wondering if I am or not--

#7 of 9 Old 03-24-2003, 02:35 PM

Kelli,

Well I'm not pregnant. I fianlly got my period this morning. Even though we are not currently trying, I still felt sad. I think I had convinced myself that I was pregnant. All the signs seemed to say yes. Oh well, when the time is right it will happen. Let me know how you are doing, I hope you're not going to crazy.

Jenn
Mama to Noah-bean
#8 of 9 Old 03-24-2003, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Jenn
I understand what you're feeling, it's sort of a let down huh?
I also got a little crampy and started bleeding a tiny bit today, but something is not right, it was only a very very small amount, today is day 33 and I should be bleeding heavily right now! When I start its like a river. So, I don't know what is going on! It's stopped and I don't know what is wrong here.
:
How is the night weaning going for you? Mine slept all night for the first time last night..wow!
Kelli

#9 of 9 Old 03-26-2003, 05:22 PM

Kelli,

The night weaning has been going okay. My son has not nursed at night for over a week now. He still wakes up and needs comfort from his dad or I. This weekend we're going to buy him a twin bed to sleep in right next to ours. His dad or I have been sleeping on the coach. Our beds just not big enough. I'm glad we finally night weaned, I've been putting it off for months and towards the end I was not the happy mama I wanted to be. So, your little one slept through the night? That's great! Keep in touch. Have you figured out what your bodies up to yet?

Jenn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page