Tandem Nursing Tribe - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2007, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
good to see more tandeming mama's, especially first time mom's of twins!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2007, 11:21 PM

I have a question for you tandem mamas:

Did you need lansinoh when you started nursing the new baby if you used it at the beginning for the first?

I used lanolin for DS, but I'm still nursing regularly through the pregnancy. I just bought a tube of Lansinoh the other day, but I'm wondering if I should return it (almost $9!), because maybe I won't need it this time because my nipples are ready?
Old 07-21-2007, 11:26 PM

I've never needed it really...there have been times where I am sore or a little fry, but I was ok without it. I have lanolin in the house at all times now though because I use wool covers for my kiddos. LOL

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 07-30-2007, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

i'm so happy this thread is still going. i kind of abandoned it after i started it. things got a little crazy. :

in any case, we've been tandem nursing for over a year now. i never thought i'd be nursing a 3.5+ year old and a 1 year old.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 PM

I hear ya! Tandeming a 4.5 and 2.5 yr old. Though my 4.5 yr old is almost weaned! He is only asking to nurse avery few days! But...I'm getting ready to do it again in a week or two. LOL

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 07-31-2007, 04:49 PM

A quick post to join this tribe... I'm tandem nursing my lads, ages 2yo & 4mos...

love.gif my lads whistling.gif(6/2005) &kid.gif (3/2007) *and* lasses hearts.gif(1/2009) & flower.gif (7/2010)

Old 08-07-2007, 12:59 AM

Just bumping this so people can find it!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:46 PM

my #2 child will be 6 in a few days and that will mark the anniversary of the beginning of my tandem journey (still in progress). the oldest is officially weaned as of the last few weeks. He's 7 yrs, 4 mos. I took him out to eat at Red Lobster where he impressed the servers by ordering broccoli and trout, then danced with the lobsters that were in the tank. He even got to pet one (server pulled on out for him to touch). Sooooo relieved he's weaned cause now i know it happens. At times i had my doubts. And it was on his terms. He says he's a "man" now. (thinking of a Malcolm in the Middle where the boys in the grandma's village weaned when they got married)
My 6yr old is nursing once a day and is skipping days. He's not going to be nursing for very much longer i don't think. Of course, i've been wrong before.
Excited to be almost back to nursing only two. I have a few good years left since the youngest is almost 13 mos, but it's good to know that weaning does happen, and that full term nursing is a wonderful thing.
Tandem nursing has been a wonderful blessing to my family. It has made being a mom for me much simpler. Not always easy, and draining at times, but i really think it made it easier for me than not doing it at all.:
Happy tandeming, mama's
Old 08-18-2007, 01:59 AM

kirstie, WTG on your oldest! I am sure it is bittersweet for you as you are proud of him for making that decision and growing up, but a bit sad that he is taking that step at the same time.

Still going here after 4y8m. My oldest is accepting being distracted most of the time when he asks, but still seems to need to nurse every few days (I think mainly just to know he can, or when he is just overtired/overwhelmed). My "baby" will be 2 in 2 weeks, and is definitely still going strong at 4-5 times a day. He has been nightweaned since before 2, and she has pretty much nightweaned herself since the last couple of months or so. So I have had 4 years and 8 months of nursing and almost 2 of tandeming now!

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:20 AM

nak...
so I thought I would be triandeming at this point. had my baby on sat. sweet baby girl, 8 pounds 8 ounces, 22 inches long. she is nursing like a pro.

sam weaned!! so i think anyway. i nursed him and violet, 4.5 & 2.5 through the pregnacy, setting some gentle limits with sam(nurse til the count of 10 type thing, he was so into it, and we had no complaints, so i think it was good, especially because he was a very demanding nurser up til that point, i think he needed the limits). by the end of my pregnancy he was only nursing every few days to a week, and setting his own limits(he wanted to count every time, i even offered him to nurse as lomg as he wanted lol).
then the baby came, he asked 2 days later, nursed once, then the next morningtold me he was weaned. I was like what? lol he said I weaned, alex(my oldest) helped me. so i asked alex and he said he told him the baby needs num nums a lot, and vi needs it too, but sam is getting so much older he doesn't really need it anymore, and sam agreed. I was so shocked. it has only been a few days, so we'll see, but i think that might be it for him.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:26 AM

oh, and I have been nursing for 10 years come nov. 8.5 of it tandeming!!

Old 09-23-2007, 07:59 PM

bumping

User Tag List