breast pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2003, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
could we have thrush? i'm having deep, sharp breast pains, and painful letdown. i have no nipple pain, itching, redness,lumps, etc. the baby has a bit of white stuff on his tongue, and he is nursing normally. i did have i.v. antibiotics in the hospital after he was born 10 weeks ago. oh, and i have nasty sugar cravings! any advice is appreciated. thank you!

punk rock mom to Milo, my unschooling anarchist snuggle buddy :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2003, 01:22 AM

You could definitely have thrush with deep shooting pains. If there's no redness or lumps and you're not getting a fever or becoming really tired it's probably not a plugged duct or mastitis.

There's a lot of information on these boards about how to treat thrush, here's my favorite page to get you started: link

One of the most important things to realize is that you will need to treat both yourself and your baby to get rid of this; otherwise you will just pass it back and forth.

Good luck, and get on top of this right away!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 03-28-2003, 07:36 PM

Yes it could definately be thrush. I have dealt with this several times with my boys and in fact currently have it. ANyhow, vinegar washes work well for me and acidophilous, I have done nystatin, but find it doesn't work so well for me.

User Tag List