Nipple pain. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-27-2003, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The last couple of days I've been experiencing some nipple pain during bf'ing. It doesn't happen all the time; but sometimes it's almost unbearable. I don't think it's a latch problem b/c we're not doing anything different than usual. DH suggested that I might be getting ready for my first pp ovulation. Did anyone else experience nipple tenderness w/ O? Any advice welcome. TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2003, 11:28 PM

I do! It's just tenderness, not a sharp pain like you'd have in thrush. I found it was quite pronounced before my first period and then again before my second cycle. It seems to be lessening now, but that could be the luck of the draw since I haven't had that many cycles yet.

I found evening primrose oil capsules to be extremely effective at fighting the tenderness. I also take extra calcium/magnesium at that time of the month. The combo really works for me.

But back to your nipple pain ... Have you ruled out thrush?
Old 03-28-2003, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure it's not thrush. I don't have shooting pains or itching; and DD doesn't have any white spots in her mouth. Sometimes, I feel no pain at all; and the pain is only present during nursing. DD has been nursing A LOT lately due to teething. Maybe that's what's causing it. I thought I was tough enough though, LOL (I didn't even get sore in the first few weeks pp). Right now, I'm using PurLan. It seems to be helping.

User Tag List