Can someone PLEASE help me with relactation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-28-2006, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay...I'm trying really hard at this and I'm getting frustrated. Here is my situation. DD never really liked the right side. SHe would latch and then pull off, latch and then pull off. My left side worked great for her and eventually I wound up only feeding her on that side. MY left side makes plenty of milk and all is good. However....I would really like to try again on my right side. DD has 2 teeth right now and I am afraid I am going to get sore with out a back up boob. My dd will be 6 months on Friday. I have tried pumping every 2 hours. The first time in the morning I do get about 2 minutes of an occasional spray of milk and then it drips out. 2 hours later I can get a couple of drips and then everytime after that nothing. I am afraid to take something because I don't want any more milk on the left. I have more then enough. Oh and one more thing, dd still won't latch on the right. But I figured it was because there is not much milk there. If I can get more milk then I think she might do it. Am I going about this wrong? Is this even possible? Any help would be great.

Mom to 4 beautiful girls, expecting a blessing in November. Come check out my etsy shop www.bowsweetbow.etsy.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-28-2006, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I would suggest two things. Go to a chiropractor that has experience working with infants. Often when a baby has problems nursing on one side it is due to some sort of trauma on the spine or neck during labour or inutero, and it doesn't seem natural to them to be on that side. I would also always offer the the right breast first. But just so you know many babies perfer one side to the other, and if dd is using her teeth during nursing, she is latching on incorrectly, and you could see a IBCLC to learn how to correct that.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page