Hi mamas, my mom owns an organic/wildcrafted aromatherapy store, and I requested this info from the woman who supplies her products. She is a master herbalist and aromatherapist, and I hope some of you can appreciate/use the info!Special blends for breastfeedingFor cracked nipples
For plugged ducts/inflammation
- Mix 5 drops calendula oil per tsp (5mL) of base oil blend (90% almond oil, 10% wheatgerm oil). You can make as much of this as you want in this ratio. Massage over nipples and areola.
To increase breast milk
- Make a blend of 15 drops German chamomile, 10 drops lavender and 5 drops eucalyptus.
- Place 10 drops of this blend into 1/2 cup chamomile tea, use to soak fabric for use as a compress.
- Apply compress 2 times a day for 5 days.
- If inflammation persists, mix 30 drops in 2TB oil and rub over breasts.
- Mix 15 drops fennel OR clary sage OR geranium with 2TB base oil.
- Massage over breasts, under arms and in cleavage.
thank you so much. what wonderful information, and so generous for you to share!