Everyone is going to think I am Crazy! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-02-2003, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know everyone is going to think I am crazy by what I am fixing to say.
Littlebit has slept throught the night the last 2 nights and I hate it.I have heard so many moms say they want their littleone to sleep through the night.How they need more sleep.Or that they are going to have to night wean because they are so tired.
I have always loved our night feedings.I have always thought of them as our time.No one else bothers us.I love to hold and snuggle him.
Well he had surgery 2 days ago and has done pretty well with it.HE had stuff done to his teeth.He had one root canal and a few fillings.They said the cavities where caused by all the medicine he has been on in the past and all the breathing treatments.
I know part of his sleeping is from being put to sleep and now he is taking Tylenol with codine.I just hope this is not the end of our night time feedings.I seem to wake up with such a head ache and a bad attitude if he sleeps all night.I know this sound crazy.
I just feel so lost not nursing at night.I know I know someday he will completely wean,but I don't even like thinking about thatI love our nursing so much and the time we spend together just the two of us. I wish it could last forever.
Sorry if this sounded crazy to everybody.
#2 of 3 Old 04-02-2003, 02:00 PM

Nope doesnt sound crazy at all.Sounds full of Love actually

You are prolly not sleeping bc of your anxiety of him not nursing but also bc you are worried about his recent surgery and checking on him all night.At least when he was nursing you knew he was ok without constantly `seeing`.KWIM?

He will prolly come around to nursing again soon,and if he is a little reluctant there are things you can do to help him nurse again if he is willing to.But Id cross that bridge later.See whats happening first.Give hime time to come out of drug fog.

And hey,its ok to mourn too,even if its for a few days of not nursing.It is a very sacred bond.Give yourself room to feel.
#3 of 3 Old 04-03-2003, 01:43 PM

Probably you are grumpy and headachy partly b/c of your sleep cycles being in tune with his before--you'd nurse, hormones would kick in to relax you, that is what your body expects. This will stop when he stops the codeine, which is strong stuff.

Maybe you will be lucky and he will nurse til age 4, 5, 6, 7? Some do.

It is nice to have special time with the nursling in the middle of the night when you have a biggish family (new moms don't get this!). Don't worry, even after weaning, you can still have special moments with him alone, and his sibs too! Shopping trips, board games, books, walks, etc...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page