Wish me luck! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-02-2003, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My younger brother is getting married this weekend, and my husband and I are both in the wedding party. I'm a bridesmaid, and also playing my viola during the prelude music and the ceremony.

My son is 19 months old, and nurses a LOT. This presents quite a challenge with the dress I have to wear. It zips up the back and has shoulder straps, so I have to wear a strapless bra.

I'm planning on taking a button down shirt with me, and hiding in the ladies lounge at the reception. I think I can hold him off until we get to the reception. My Mom (Grandmommy) hung the moon, and she can keep him distracted!

I usually don't like to nurse him in public places now. He's SO wiggley and distractable. (And people are less than kind.)

So just wish us luck!!
#2 of 5 Old 04-02-2003, 06:26 PM

best of luck!! hope it all works out for you!

don't stress out too much (i know easier said than done) and have a good time!
#3 of 5 Old 04-02-2003, 09:52 PM

Good luck. If anyone gets flashed, just tell them, "hey, dinner and a show. How lucky are you?!"
#4 of 5 Old 04-07-2003, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

I just thought I'd tell you that we had a great weekend! My brother and his bride were SO happy, and it was great to see them have their moment.

We were going to have a babysitter at the ceremony and the reception, but after ds's performance during the rehearsal we changed that plan. He stayed with the sitter at my Mom's, and came in time for a few pictures and the reception.

There was a dark, unused room at the rehearsal dinner that we used to nurse when ds hit the wall! He fell asleep there, and only woke up for a few minutes in the car.

At the reception, the huge Baroque ladies' lounge had two couches. Ds was so busy playing, that he only told me "nuh see" two or three times. I had my cover-up sweater, and actually wound up talking to two expectant moms while we were nursing.

It all worked out fine! Thanks for your encouragement!
#5 of 5 Old 04-07-2003, 05:28 PM

I nursed my 18 month old IN my best friends wedding last fall. My dress had spagetti straps and I didn't wear a bra. I walked down the asile with him in the sling and kind of stepped to the side and turned my back and latched him on just out of the top of my dress.

Have fun whatever happens!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page