I think this is it!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-02-2003, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just realized dd age 3 in 12 days has not nursed in 2 maybe 3 days!!!! Just she just wean????? Wait....Am I ready for this??? Oh my. Wow. hum.
#2 of 8 Old 04-02-2003, 09:50 PM

oh, goodness! how do you feel?

i was relieved and grieving at the same time when dd stopped nursing during my pregnancy....

i think there should be some sort of ceremony to mark weanings, i know i needed to process a lot of mixed emotions...

well, hugs to you, if you need them,
susan
#3 of 8 Old 04-02-2003, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Susan!!!

I feel all jumbled. Nursing for us had never been hard. She was little miss happy nurser. And lately it had just been at story time at night, and very rarely in the morning. So once a day. How much trouble was that? NONE. I was in no hurry. She is my last baby. The last time I nursed a baby was 3 or 4 days ago? That's it? That's all there is? No big deal, she just stopped? I feel deflated, like. I mean this morning she had on her new sneakers that our friend gave her and the jeans she got for christmas and a sweat shirt and she looked like a pre-schooler. Where is my baby? I celebrate her grown up ness, and grieve the loss of my baby and this portion of our lives. I just feel kinda lost.
#4 of 8 Old 04-02-2003, 11:35 PM

I know it is going to be a sad day when Littlebit weans.He was 3 on the 6th of March.HE still nurses 10 plus times a day.HE was waking 2-4 times at night.But the last few nights he has slept all night,I know this might be because he had surgery on Monday and still has medicine in his system.But it has been hard just by him not nursing at night.
I think everyday where is my baby.He is getting so big.And to quick for me.He is my last baby too.
I know how sad you must be,but then I think about it .You know we should be so proud that we have made it so long.That our nurslings are big enough to remember our nursing relationship.
#5 of 8 Old 04-03-2003, 12:10 AM

Its a bitter sweet moment. How about a weaning party? That is when you can get through it without rain coats and a canoe

Congrats on nursing so long

: :Mama to 4 girls and Michael is here 9/11/09 We love :::
#6 of 8 Old 04-03-2003, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

guess who asked for numma numma last night!!! tee hee I guess I freaked a bit too soon...

Thanks for all of your responses. You mamma's rock...
#7 of 8 Old 04-03-2003, 01:33 PM

whew!
#8 of 8 Old 04-03-2003, 04:32 PM

Since my dd weaned over the age of 5, we had many moments like this. Even when we had her weaning party (I waited until 3 weeks with no nursing) she changed her mind and then went on to nurse very infrequently for a few months.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page