adorable things nurslings do at the breast - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-24-2006, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Caitlin has on a number of occasions tried eating breadsticks and breastfeeding at the same also after a feed she likes to try blow raspberrys on my belly lol

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2006, 04:39 PM

When I nurse mine together, they like to hold hands. They also both like to grab my boob and sort of hug it while they nurse or put one hand on my bra and hang on for dear life just in case I might decide to take it away.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:07 PM

When my little one isn't really hungry, she'll stick out her tongue and kind of lick at my nipple like it's an ice cream cone. She knows she doesn't want to eat...but that boobie is just too tempting!
Old 09-24-2006, 05:12 PM

when sophia is done nursing she will often give a polite little cough right on my nipple to let me know

she holds my hand while she nurses and squeezes itl

she plants her foot on my shoulder (for traction?)

:
Old 09-24-2006, 06:04 PM

We frequently nurse laying down and when I lay Elzabeth down on the bed she stretches out her arms and grabs my shirt to pull me down to her and her little mouth is wide open. She makes little hyperventilating breaths too like she is so excited to nurse she can barely wait. When my breast is almost at her mouth she grabs it with both hands and attacks it and has a big breath of relief, it is so funny dh and I laugh every time she eats.

Jessie (29) mom to Emma (2002), Anthony (2004), Elizabeth (2006) and Ava (2008) and someone new 2010
Old 09-25-2006, 01:02 AM

Ds almost 15 mos kneads me like cat with his feet. He also starts cracking up every time I pull the boob out. Maybe they're funny looking??
He has blown raspberries on me and my least favorite is when he whacks me in the face just before falling asleep. :

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
Old 09-25-2006, 03:28 AM

Another mama with a raspberry-blower here! (Although in my family we call 'em "zerberts" a la The Cosby Show.) She has done a lot of cute things while at the boob, but I swear this blowing bubbles on my nipple is the cutest thing yet.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 AM

My girlie likes to talk with the nip in her mouth. :P Not that I can usually understand her anyway, but that really doesn't help. It cracks me up, and then she starts laughing, too.

Usually when she starts one of her nursing speeches she'll be looking me right in the eyes very seriously like it's a very important thing that has just occured to her and she just has to tell me all about it. I love it.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:17 AM

My son makes the sweetest little sound of pure contentment when he's nursing--he does this little half-moan, half-sigh thing while holding tightly my thumb with one hand and my forefinger with the other. He does it rhythmically while he's breathing-- on the out breath, he makes a very soft "Mmmmm." It just makes me melt! Also, he has always latched on with complete voracity--moving his head back and forth excitedly and making a loud breathing sound while I get the breast out and ready, earning him the nickname "The Piranha." I had always looked forward to breastfeeding and thought it would be wonderful, but it has far surpassed my expectations!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:04 PM

When DS is ready to go to sleep for the night, DH will hold him while I get set up in the rocking chair with the boppy. DS anticipates nursing, and L-E-A-N-S with outstretched arms toward me, laughing almost frantically. Once he gets latched on, he sighs with relief and nurses vigorously into a deep sleep. It's beautiful.

I can't wait until he can talk about nursing! One more reason to nurse into toddlerhood!
Old 09-29-2006, 02:25 PM

Count me in as a momma who s to see the little milky grins! I love it when he's so hungry that he just gulps away like there's nothing else on earth. He's also started to stroke my breast and side while he's nursing. le sigh! I knew I wanted to breastfeed for the nutritional (and cost) benefits, but I never knew how much I would love it. I used to think my SIL was CRAZY for nursing for like three years, but now I totally understand. Her youngest is now 3yrs 5mos, and he says he'll stop nursing when he's four. He only nurses at night before bed, but SIL is so sad when she thinks of the day he stops nursing.

Married 6/16/01 ~ WOHM to DS1 4/29/06 and DS2 2/13/08 ~  ALMOST an RVT ~ dog2.gif dog2.gif goldfish.gif

Old 09-29-2006, 06:40 PM

#1 favorite is the milky grin- it!!!
#2 favorite is when she is really needing some boobie and when I'm getting my shirt and bra pulled up, she's in my lap bouncing up and down and making excited noises, like "Oh, oh there it is, my boobie, my boobie!!"
#3 favorite is when she pops off turns her head upside down and starts talking to whoever or whatever- dh, dd, dogs, ceiling- she can see and then latches back on
#4 favorite is the fact that when we're in the shower, or when I'm getting dressed she gets so excited to see the boobs, cracks me up
#5 favorite is not actually something that my nursling does, but what my previous nursling does. I just love it when my 4.5 yo bf her baby dolls. I think it's too cute!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 05:48 AM

My DS will fall off as he's falling asleep, and then take his little hand and push the boobie back into his mouth expertly - without waking up! Also he crinkles up his eyes to smile at me while he's nursing, and sometimes that turns into a grin so big he falls off!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:58 PM

Laughing hysterically at the breast, so much that she has to pop off to take a proper breath,
Old 10-04-2006, 09:41 PM

my ds1 used to grab my shirt and push it up as high as he could. wouldnt let me put blankets over him either. he liked to see his whole meal. i didnt nip too much with him because of it.

ds2 was the sweetest nurser, while he nursed he used to let his little hand roam over my chest and other breast, just rubbing as if to say "good boobie, stay right there".

ds3 is the aggressive but serious type. no smiles, no playing, just serious nursing with this one. he likes to grab fistfuls of breast tissue and hold on for dear life. he also usually makes a little moaning noise with each breath as he nurses =)
Old 10-05-2006, 01:13 AM

Love these stories!

DS prefers the downward-facing-dog nursing position when we're lying down, even though it makes milk come out his nose.

When he's sleepy and ready to nurse to sleep he lets me know by latching on to my chin.

When he first latches on, he rolls his eyes back in relief, like "oh thank goodness...a breast at last".

Mama to sweet, funny Eli 9/05 and snuggly Akash 12/09
Old 10-05-2006, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Eyes rolling back in bliss here too.

He'll fall mostly to sleep, I try to unlatch and he grabs a handful and shoves it back in his mouth.

Crawling now, he climbs up on me and dives in, often missing the mark. He sucked my belly last night.

User Tag List