adorable things nurslings do at the breast - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 47 Old 09-20-2006, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My nearly 5 month old ds will sometimes stop nursing to grin a milky grin at me, and when he realizes the milk ain't flowing his little face crumples until I plug him in again and the cycle repeats. Other times, when I get a really strong let-down, he'll sputter and choke, pop off the breast, and laugh and shriek with delight -- I think he thinks I do it for his amusement. When he seems asleep, and hasn't sucked in awhile, I'll try to break the suction only to have him suck vigorously for a few seconds to re-establish latch-on before drifting off again. Sometimes I just get my dd to bring me a book and I read while ds naps.

So, what are the sweet and funny things your dc do while nursing?
#2 of 47 Old 09-20-2006, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My first dd would pinch the flaccid skin at the top of my breast--this was later in her nursing career when I had flaccid skin on my breast--and pull it up to her nose and breathe through it, like she was smelling it as she breathed. OK, it doesn't sound very cute, but it looked cuter than it sounds.
#3 of 47 Old 09-20-2006, 07:37 PM

Milky grins are the BEST!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#4 of 47 Old 09-20-2006, 08:06 PM

Today my dd came to nurse with a rice cake in her hand. She took a few sucks, popped off for a bite of rice cake, smiled at me, then popped back on to "wash it down".

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#5 of 47 Old 09-20-2006, 09:19 PM

Mine pops off to give me the grin, then turns his head and bats his eyes, then repeats. It's pretty cute.
#6 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 12:12 AM

Ryo smiles while he nurses, which makes his tongue visible, which for some reason I find cute.

He also pops off to see what's behind him (we nurse laying down a lot), pops back on, pops off to double check...and continues until he finishes or falls asleep.

Basically anything he does is cute to me.
#7 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 12:14 AM

I am really enjoying right now with my 5 month old dd. She likes to play and my grab my nose and also explore my lips and mouth when she nurses. I just love those cute milky grins she gives me when she exploring

Michelle : wife to wonderful hubby mama to Jude (10/03) Annika (4/06)
Zane (3/09): : : :
#8 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 12:47 AM

DS is almost 6 mos. He is much more interested in flirting than eating these days. If I make eye contact with him he has to stop, smile and stare at me for a bit before he's ready to eat again. Sometimes I just try to sneak watch him out of the corner of my eye so he doesn't get distracted.

I love the milky grin.
#9 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 01:17 PM

Occasionally, Becca will get a case of the giggles while nursing. She never unlatches, mind you - just gets a big grin and giggles. That gets me started, then my shaking tummy makes her laugh harder - so we keep passing them back and forth.
#10 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 02:35 PM

When my DD was learning to crawl, DH would put her down in the bed and she would lay beside me and latch, and then she would sort of roll to her stomach (with my nipples WAY streatched) and try to get up and crawl, which, of course would frustrate her.
She wanted a "to go meal"

NOW, that we have learned that crawling bit, DH will put her on one end of the bed at night (with me at the other), and I have my breast exposed and she will come at me, crawling as fast as she can squeeling, like she is going to attack my boob and smothers her face in it. Very cute.
#11 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 02:40 PM

From the time she was born, my daughter ALWAYS has her fists wrapped around my fingers while she nurses. And lately, she will stop in the middle of nursing, milk dribbling down her chin, and give me a hug. It brings tears to my eyes just about every time!
#12 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 02:42 PM

Reese offers me his toes to kiss while he's nursing. He thinks he's hilarious. I agree.

I LOVE milky grins - grins around the nipple, popped-off-milk-running-down-face grins, sleepy newborn milk-drunk blissed-out grins.

I recently posted about Reese pulling off to say "mmmmm, shish" (shish=delicious) while nursing. Complimenting the chef is always acceptable.

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#13 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackenziesmama View Post
From the time she was born, my daughter ALWAYS has her fists wrapped around my fingers while she nurses. And lately, she will stop in the middle of nursing, milk dribbling down her chin, and give me a hug. It brings tears to my eyes just about every time!
Awwww!

That reminds me, the other day DS popped off and offered me a milky kiss. I love moments like that. I had never even imagined them before having children.

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#14 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 03:13 PM

Sometimes my DS will get his hand under my shirt and kind of rub my back, it's so sweet!
#15 of 47 Old 09-21-2006, 03:22 PM

DD has started to babble a lot more the last few weeks, including with her mouth full of boob. She also kneads my breast with her chubby little patty! Breastfeeding was what I most looked forward to while I was pregnant and it is all I dreamed of and more (well, after the first week, anyway).

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#16 of 47 Old 09-22-2006, 02:45 AM

awwwww!! i sooo enjoy these kinda threads, they're too cute. :

roxie likes to have "conversations" during a meal. often when i make eye contact with her, she'll pop off, goo and gaa at me, i'll goo and gaa back, she'll give me a big milky grin, and latch back on.

love it!
#17 of 47 Old 09-22-2006, 03:32 AM

I have always had a really strong letdown. DD has gotten used to it and never chokes or sputters, she just is quick gulper. Anyway, now that she is older and more conscious of what's going on, she pulls back when it's really flowing. She isn't upset. She just likes to lay back, close her eyes and smile as the shower of milk sprays all over her face! She thinks it is so funny so I have to laugh. It's not the best when we are in public and I end up spraying an innocent bystander, though. Yes, that's happened.

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#18 of 47 Old 09-22-2006, 03:39 AM

i love the mouth full of booby grins

i love the look on kellen's face when he pops off to look around and gets sprayed

i love it when he rubs my side while he nurses

i love it whe he dive bombs the booby whith such greedy exhuberant delited gusto that wide open mouth is so funny

i love it when he takes his time looking at them deciding wich one he wants. its especially funny when he starts to go for one and changes his mind and goes for the other.
#19 of 47 Old 09-22-2006, 02:00 PM

my Dd has just started to wonder what goes on while she's nursing. she will try so hard to watch what her bros r doing but still keep my nipple in her mouth. it's funny cuz she laughs and smiles at them and the milk runs down her face, but she doesn't want to let go. i also love the milky grins. Sometimes she will be nursing halfheartedly and let go to smile. Then she gets really serious and i brace for it....she poops! She takes pooping so seriously, but as soon as she's done she will smile and giggle like she just told the funniest joke. My fav is when she nurses to her heart's happy and falls asleep. i pick her up and she gives me that goofy i'm so drunk on boobie milk look thru slanty eyes.......i love that. it makes feel like i did a good job.
#20 of 47 Old 09-22-2006, 02:22 PM

Mine pops off and says "Ah la la" (I love you) just like I say to her when she's nursing. Then my heart just melts all over the place. Goo.

When she was 3-4 months old she would finish up, pop off, roll over and extend her arm with fist closed like "Yessssss! Victory!" Like she had conquered the boob.
#21 of 47 Old 09-22-2006, 02:31 PM

I have to tell you I'm waiting my first one, and I was so concerned about how to do it, and how much it will hurt during the first weeks, but reading this just melts my heart, I think I ready for the challenge!!
#22 of 47 Old 09-22-2006, 04:54 PM

Well, this might belong in the over a year forum , but my DSs are "standing" at the booby bar now. One of them has taken to doing the tackle -- taking a running start about 3 feet away, with a big grin, then run and smoosh his face in the boob and start to nurse :

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
#23 of 47 Old 09-22-2006, 05:54 PM

My 14 month old ds will turn and look at me and then wave to me. It is so cute! Oh, and today he was trying to clap while nursing. That was kind of funny too!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#24 of 47 Old 09-22-2006, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
My daughter (at 2.5) often hugs and gives her memes (what we call nursing) a kiss and says, "Mmh memes I love you." How can you not love that?
#25 of 47 Old 09-23-2006, 02:34 AM

I love the milky smiles too
I also love how he holds my hand, how he cuddles up next to me when we nurse in bed ,how he laughs while latched on in his sleep,how he shakes his little booty while standing (with help) on my lap and pecking to nurse , how when dh reached to feel my breast and ds was sleeping between us , he woke up and got upset ,now that was pretty funny , he was just protecting what was his
#26 of 47 Old 09-23-2006, 11:23 AM

DD will sometimes pop off the breast mid-session and give me a big grin and clap her little hands as if to say "Yay for nursing!"

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#27 of 47 Old 09-23-2006, 01:00 PM

My lil nurseling has just turned 3 months and he has started to smile and giggle, even while nursing, especially when he has gas or is filling his diaper. He gets very distracted and pops on and off smiling at me inbetween so its hard to get frustrated. When he gets the let down he gulpd so fast and hard sometimes he choaks (nothing cute about that) but he will look up at me afterwards with a super serious look that makes me crack up. I love when he starts to coo and chatter on while nursing he looks up at me with his top lip all pointed out, I just loose it. Theres nothing in the world that would make me quit nursing its the greatest joy.
#28 of 47 Old 09-23-2006, 01:13 PM

Oh, I LOVE these nurse-paradise clips!

My babe, who doesn't talk, pulled off the other day and said "Mama" and got back on and then did it again, just for good measure!

I regularly send him energy from my heart while we are nursing. I feel it swirling around us and entering his whole body before finding his heart. I love it.

I love feeling his chubby heaviness as he falls deeper and deeper asleep at the breast.
#29 of 47 Old 09-24-2006, 12:02 AM

When Cole first learned to blow raspberries, he would try to do it while nursing. It tickles. Now, when he's done nursing, he'll stare at the boob, stroke it, pinch it, etc. Like it's a toy or something.
#30 of 47 Old 09-24-2006, 12:04 AM

DS 1yo likes to take my nipple in between his thumb and fingure and kinda pinch flick it, it really hurts but is cute as well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page