Has anyone had trouble with losing weight while BF - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-06-2003, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with losing weight while breastfeeding? Or is it just me.I don't know what the deal is.I don't eat alot I am never hungry.I drink alot of water nothing else.I don't like chocolate (everone thinks I am crazy for that).But I just can't lose weight.And the last few months all I am doing is gaining weight.I weigh more now than I ever have.I have thought about going to Weight Watchers.I could see me gaining if I ate alot.I thought it was suppose to be so easy to lose weight while nursing.I have been nursing for 3 years.He still nurses like a new baby on most days.
I have a said for the past 3 years.That I wasn't goingt o worry alot about it right now.I feel like I have the rest of my life to lose weight but I don't have the rest of my life to nurse Littlebit.BUt as I get bigger it is getting alittler harder to think that way.I mean I will never wean Littlebit til he is ready,but I guess I just wish I could have it both ways.Find a way to lose weight safely and still nurse.
Sorry this got so long and winey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-07-2003, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you tried counting calories? I have found that to be a great way to lose weight - I didn't "think" I was eating as much as I was. Once I started counting, my portions got MUCH smaller, but after a couple days of headaches (getting used to not eating my normal amount) now I feel great (I started doing this again last Sunday). In only 8 days I can already see some improvement!

I did it when DS was an infant, about 5 months or so, and I got to pre-pg weight. However, since then I've gained 15 pounds (which is why I'm trying to lose again now). I don't (in my case) feel it had anything to do with nursing itself but just more with the whole "mommy" lifestyle and not taking time for myself to pay attention to what I was eating and making time for exercise.

I've heard people say they weaned so they could lose weight, but in those cases I think it was because they wanted to take some of the drugs on the market now that help you lose (metabolife, etc.)

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page