night weaning--reasons for and against? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-07-2003, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was reading a little about night weaning--it seems like some mamas try to avoid it and some mamas try to make it happen. Can anyone tell me why?

My dd nurses a lot at night, but I was considering trying to spread out the night nursing. We're thinking of TTC so I'd like my cycles to start up again (still no pp af).

Thanks for any thoughts!
#2 of 3 Old 04-07-2003, 02:53 AM

Ironically, I haven't wanted to try nightweaning for exactly the opposite reason you're thinking about it: I don't want AF back. The reasons that I have thought about it are simply wanting to get more sleep, because DS really nurses like champ at least once in the middle of the night.
#3 of 3 Old 04-07-2003, 06:34 PM

Personally, we nightweaned dd at around 20 months simply so that I could get more sleep--in a perfect world, I would have nursed her on demand indefinitely. But we felt that she was ready to cope with this change, and the sleep deprivation was really taking a toll on our family. (Of course, I still cried over it!)

I think it is a very personal decision and you have to figure out what is right for your child and your family.

You might want to look over on the nightwaking board...there is a LOT of discussion of this topic!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page