An article Mom sent. Comments? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2003, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.msnbc.com/news/896473.asp?0bl=-0

My mom is very supportive of breastfeeding. She's not as ...I hate to use the word "militant" but I'm getting that way... as I am, but she's supportive.

Is there something to this article? Since we've damaged our earth and altered the way it works, I suppose it's possible we do need to supplement. I'm not convinced cow's milk is the answer, however, since I am convinced we're not meant to drink it like we do.

But I love cheese and that's all I've gotta say about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2003, 02:28 PM

do you get mothering magazine? this issue was their cover story this month.
anyway, i'm not going to give my daughter supplements. i do try and get us outside for some sun exposure every day though.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:41 PM

Yeah, definitely pick up this month's Mothering on this. As long as your baby is getting some sun he/she should be fine. We're talking half an hour weekly in diaper only or a couple hours a week fully dressed but with no hat.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 04-07-2003, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

nak
no, I don't get the mag...I'll chk it out, thks!
Old 04-07-2003, 03:48 PM

So, you ladies who are taking your kiddos out for sunlight. When you do this, do you put any lotion on, or just let him go natural, so he gets more uv rays?
Do you notice if they sunburn very easily?
Old 04-07-2003, 04:05 PM

I think that is bull, saying they need supplements. If breast milk can adjust itself daily, even hourly to give baby what it needs, don't you think it can develop and change over the centuries to give babies what they need i neach generation? Breastmilk is the perfect infant food, and that's that.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

I can see where one would be skeptical since it seems like there's always another study going against the natural way of parenting...but it's possible there is something to this.

My babies don't get a ton of sun. I'm very fair skinned and only my oldest son isn't white like milk. My dd has strawberry blonde hair and it looks like baby ds could be an all-out redhead (the boy has almost invisble brows!) You can see their veins through their skin, these kids. SO...if they're out, they're covered with a mess of sunscreen and caps and such because they burn so easily and quickly.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:11 PM

here's what we do: walking outside each morning around 9 AM, and each afternoon around 6 PM so the sun isn't too strong. i don't put sunscreen on her at these times. when we are going to be outside for longer than 15-20 minutes, i do put sunscreen on her and have since she was 7 months or so. she's never been burned or even tanned. i avoid the peak sun hours, so therefore, she does, too!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:58 PM

Go here:

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=52871

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50

User Tag List