Where'd my libido go? How can I get it back? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-16-2003, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted in Overcoming Difficulties but I thought the EB group might be able to offer some additional help.

I'm now in my fourth year of having no sex drive. I nursed my first child, became pregnant again while nursing, nursed through the pregnancy and am now 10 months into nursing my second child. I have no sex drive and would prefer to do anything else.

My biggest problem is my DH is seriously unhappy about it. He worries about the future of our marriage and wants me to wean my baby at a year. The thought of weaning breaks me heart. But the thought of our marriage ending does as well. I wish there was a magic pill I could take while nursing to make my libido kick in. Any suggestions?
#2 of 4 Old 04-17-2003, 05:06 PM

Well, I have no magic pill. I felt for a long time that sex was just icky. But what helped me was to schedule a time for it. Every friday night. And no touching my breasts. Then on friday I know we are going to have sex and I try to get in the mood for it and after DD goes to bed (definately in her own bed on friday), we immediately rush to our bed where everything is ready. I don't dread it and then at least it is not just randomly having to have sex. And once we missed a friday and I realized I had been looking forward to it.

So we are the geeks who schedule sex.

HTH
#3 of 4 Old 04-17-2003, 07:34 PM

I just got mine back!!!

DD is 17mo, and all of the sudden this week I've about jumped DH evertime he comes home from work!

I'm glad it's back, it has been about 2 years with little to no sex drive, now it's back better than ever

AF came back when DD was 13-14mo, so it took a few months for my hormones to get back in balance. Oh, and she is still nursing too....just give it time
#4 of 4 Old 04-17-2003, 10:16 PM

Right there with you megieblue!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page