On AF returning.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-20-2003, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Before AF returned while ebf did you have PMS constantly? I swear, even though has not returned, I am moody and bloated as if I were in a cycle. (This started when DS was 12 mos).

edited to remove AF smileys which conveyed a crankier mood than I intended!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2003, 12:15 AM

hey mamaMonica

(aren't you in Seattle, too?)

I was freakishly moody and incredibly irritable all the time after dd was born. Is it possible you are depressed? I never knew that depression could manifest itself that way until it happened to me. In postpartum doula training, I heard a panel of post-PPMD women talk about it and it hit me like a truck. I'd be happy to talk or PM with you about it, or I think we may even be neighbors...

I am wishing you all good things, I know how hard it can be to feel this way - no one feels a lot of sympathy when depression turns you into a raging bitch. (At least i was, pointing no fingers at you!)
Old 04-21-2003, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

I know this is cycle-related because of the breast pain- the moodiness seems to come with the bloat and pain and then go away and return. It started about two months ago when DS was a year old and beginning solids. It's as if my body can't seem to get over the hump and start my cycle but keeps trying...

Old 04-21-2003, 03:39 AM

I had PMS symptoms for MONTHS when i got it back last time. It was months of me being cranky and extremely hormonal. I don't remember any physical symtoms but then, I usually don't get much for regular old PMS either. I seem to be a sterotypical bite your head off for breathing PMSer : Then I finally got AF at 21 months and I had extreme PMS for a few cycles before I settled down to normal (for me) PMS. It was a very hard time for me (and my family!!!)

DS is only 10 m/o but sleeps beautifully so I'm expecting AF sooner this time. About a month or so ago I realized it was happening again as I found myself getting annoyed at my loved ones for simply existing . I am now using progesterone cream, wild yam cream and taking vitamin supplements (floradix with iron and B, evening primrose and cod liver oil) and have had some luck in NOT turning into a psycho hose beast this time.

So in answer to your question : Yes, I have experienced the AF-less PMS and it sucks Good luck!
Old 04-21-2003, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I will have to just ride it out I guess until my hormones settle down. I'm already taking fish oil for DS's skin and am on a good diet (he can't tolerate dairy or soy). I'll have to just be patient with myslf now that I know what is happening...

Old 04-21-2003, 05:54 PM

the first month was really bad, pms (which i never have) and other symptoms. cycles after that have been symptom-free. hang in there!
Old 04-21-2003, 11:01 PM

Monica,

I have totally been feeling the same way... for over 5 d$%n months now. It started right around when Noah turned one and I was convinced that I was ovulating and my first postpartum AF was right around the corner. Nope. I totally feel like I can't seem to "get over the hump," as you put it. Somehow that just seems the perfect way to describe it. It's like my body just can't make quite enough hormones to get that egg to pop so it just keeps trying over and over and over ... again.

Good luck!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).

User Tag List