How often do you nurse your child? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: How often do you nurse your toddler?
0-4 times 14 10.85%
4-8 times 14 10.85%
countless times (whenever she wishes) 96 74.42%
restricted times (for nap & bedtime only) 5 3.88%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2002, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD is 11 months

She nurses for a long time in the morning and at night before bed, and sometimes in the middle of the night. During the day she is very busy and interested in what I am eating but she still nurses 3-4 times during the day at least. It just depends on her, and what she wants sometimes I feel as if all I do is nurse other days I wonder if she has had enough to eat, but she is happy and growing and that is all that matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2002, 02:21 PM

My babe is 11 months old and nurses about 6-7 times a day....it's just his little routine, and usually sleeps from 8pm-8am straight.

I've stopped offering lately, and only nurse when he asks. (He pops his tongue in and out real fast. LOL)
Old 04-18-2002, 04:55 AM

Hi Gracie

My dd makes it really clear she grabs on to my shirt and starts trying to find the nursing opening or push it up or she nudges me and roots it's very funny.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:40 AM

my 3-1/2-year-old son wants to nurse soooooo much more often since the baby was born 5 months ago -- and now he wakes 2-3 times per night to nurse, when before he usually slept all night. It's also complicated by him occassionally wetting the family bed, and sometimes also the other family bed in the next room!

I also find it irritating (physically and emotionally) to nurse him most of the time... but he really seems to need it, and sometimes gets so upset if I ask him to stop.

When I was pregnant, it was very painful to nurse, and we cut down to twice per day (nap & bedtime) and he didn't seem to mind too much, probably because I didn't have much milk...

How can I reduce the number of nursings without causing major tantrums and me feeling awful?
Old 04-27-2002, 10:41 PM

My 3rd ds is 18 months and nurses quite a bit during the day and night. I have told him to wait when we are shopping or something because he is easily distracted and flashes every one. I've been thinking of night weaning, but I'm to lazy to do it.

User Tag List