EBM Storage Bags - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-03-2003, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Which ones are the best?

Is Gerber the only brand with ziplock closure?

Do any of you use plain ziplock bags? The LC at the hospital mentioned it and I was wondering the success/failure with them.
#2 of 8 Old 05-03-2003, 04:24 PM

i've always used the Medala baggies. They are nice and thick. If you want to try a few I'm about done with ebm storage and I could send you a couple. Pm me if you'd like
#3 of 8 Old 05-03-2003, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the offer. I actually have some that came with my PIS that I haven't tried out yet. I will take the extras though!
#4 of 8 Old 05-03-2003, 08:20 PM

I wouldn't do plain ziploc bags, because I'd be worried about chemicals from the plastic leaching into the milk. Also, I think it would be a PITA to try to transfer milk into and out of plain ziploc bags without making a major mess.

I think the Medela ones work well. For me at least, I didn't go through nearly as many as I thought I would because when I was pumping at work I generally fed ds the milk I had pumped the day before, which I pumped into bottles. So I wouldn't buy a huge stash until you know a) you like them and b) you'll need a huge stash.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#5 of 8 Old 05-04-2003, 02:12 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
So far I've tried Gerber, Lansinoh and Mother's Milk. Lansinoh also has a zip lock. I'm not crazy about trying to pour the milk into the zip lock ones, especially not the Gerber bags, because it's hard to hold them open. the Mother's Milk bags stayed open with the attached wires. So far those were the best, but I'm going to try the Medela ones next. My dh has no problem pouring into and out of any of the bags, though. If I can wait around for him to do it for me, I have no problems with any of them! I would be afraid to use a regular zip locked baggie.

Divorced mom of one awesome boy born 2-3-2003.
#6 of 8 Old 05-04-2003, 08:18 PM

Gerber seems to be the cheapest. I haven't had any problems with them. I usually put the bag into a tall glass then pour the milk in to avoid any accidents.
#7 of 8 Old 05-05-2003, 09:22 PM

I used Medela bags but had two experiences with leaking - maybe I overfilled them?

I have the Gerber ones now and like them better - my mom (who gives Max his ebm when I am at work) likes them too - the zipper is easier than the twist tie.
#8 of 8 Old 05-06-2003, 08:28 AM

I use the Lansinoh because it has a double ziploc seal and is easy to remove excess air out of the bag. Plus, it allows you to freeze the milk by laying the bag flat (to save room) and you don't have to worry about leakage. Gerber bags are pretty good as well. Medela is okay, but it seemed like I spent more time pouring the milk in the bag and trying to seal it. ( I exclusively pump which means I am freezing milk everyday and try to make the task efficient )

Jenni and Helon 6/29/02

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page