Do your nipples hurt when you're ovulating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-14-2007, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son turned 1 today, yea!
Anyway, still no period, knock on wood , but yesterday and today my nipples really hurt while he's eating. Obviously it isn't a new baby and latch issue, and this has happened once before for a day or two I think, a month or two back. Anyway, I haven't seen any CM telling me I've ovulated for sure yet, but I also didn't pay attention to that with my first baby when ovulation started again.
ANyway, it may not be ovulation, I may be way off the mark. Any idea what it could be? I want to keep nursing my baby, : , I mean big boy
#2 of 7 Old 01-14-2007, 09:18 PM

Yes!!!!! That totally happened to me this past week.
In fact, I was convinced that I had thrush because I had such sore nipples and DD had a diaper rash. We went to the doctor and she ended up giving me a pelvic exam and she said "Honey, you don't have thrush - you are ovulating". I haven't gotten my period back yet so I was really surprised to hear that. I had actually taken a pregnancy test before I convinced myself i had thrush. Anyway...she told me that some women experience nipple pain when they are ovulating. It's gone now...about 5 days later.
#3 of 7 Old 01-14-2007, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Well good to know! Guess I should be ready for another baby then huh?

I hadn't even thought about thrush though, I look into that
#4 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 01:53 AM

Absolutely - the first period I got, I had some pretty bad nipple pain - I even asked the doctor about possible thrush because we were in for something else that day. It did subside when my period started, and there is no reason you cannot continue to nurse your "big boy"
#5 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Hmm. Like I said this is the second time this has happened and still no period. Maybe I need to take another pregnancy test

Mine only seems to last a couple days, so not too bad, but when it's here it's rough!
#6 of 7 Old 01-15-2007, 02:11 AM

ooohhhh!
I get that too-- still no AF, and I don't think mine was ovulation, pregnancy or thrush.

DS lets his top teeth rest on the boob and some days it bothers me, and some days I think, "oh he's not doing that anymore", but then I see the tell tale teeth marks :LOL

I've been wondering about this too. Maybe AF is trying to return....

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
#7 of 7 Old 01-17-2007, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man, it's been so bad the last couple days. Today I jumped out of the chair and swayed back and forth hoping he'd be done soon. I felt bad wanting him done since he was just getting ready for a nap, but my nipples hurt so bad!
Could it be pregnancy? I wasn't pregnant as of a month ago or so (or at least the dollartree test didn't say so) and haven't seen any definite CM yet and obvioulsy don't have a period yet. But did it hurt like this when you were pregnant? MY breasts don't hurt as they have being pregnant, just my nipples

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page