where to find glass breastmilk storage bottles? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-31-2007, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm expecting baby # 3 in June and it's been several years since I've had to pump. I used to have some glass Lansinoh breastmilk bottles that said "Mommy's Milk" on them that i loved, but they were passed down a few times since then. I can't seem to find new ones like that anywhere. Does anyone know if they are still being made or where I might find some? I only need a few. Thanks
#2 of 13 Old 03-31-2007, 09:34 PM

Evenflo makes glass bottles. They come with yucky rubber nipples, but I threw those out. I used them for storing the milk I donated. I like the evenflo ones because the discs for them are not completely flat--they have a little bubble that make them easier to pick up and they dry better in a rack.

I *heart* my Evenflo bottles. I got them at BRU. You can find them online cheaper but the shipping is very high. Especially for just a few, just look at BRU.
#3 of 13 Old 04-01-2007, 04:08 PM

i got some from this site www.specialtybottle.com more specifically i use these 6 oz. ones

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index...n=Custom&ID=14

they seem perfect and thick enough that if i dropped one on the floor in the kitchen i doubt it would even break. the price is pretty reasonable and they came very quickly.

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#4 of 13 Old 04-01-2007, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! The Evenflows look a lot like I used to have--I could pump directly into them, freeze them, then put on a nipple and they were good to go. I miss the little mommy's milk label though They were unique and easy to ID as belonging to my girls. Any other leads anyone?.... Thanks.
#5 of 13 Old 04-01-2007, 10:21 PM

I have also been looking lately for the Lansinoh Mommy's Milk bottles. I have only seen them available on UK sites and through E-bay. I have been using the Evenflo glass that I also purchased at BRU.
#6 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 02:41 AM

I've also seen the evenflos at BRU.
#7 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Some one gave me the suggestion of using the 4 or 6 oz canning jars. I have a pack of 12 4oz (faster to defrost) jars...but I haven't gotten to the point of needing to pump or store just yet. Are there any drawbacks to using these? I have a couple glass bottles given to me as a "novelty" gift (little did they know that I would prefer glass).
#8 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 12:55 PM

I doesn't live near a BRU, but the ONLY website I found that carries them is www.ingeling.com (she also has a cool selection of natural baby items and baby clothes that she makes...she is a baby nurse) the site says she has a good stock and the shipping isn't totally ridiculous. I ordered a four and an eight ounce pack and I think the shipping total was $7 or $8 dollars. You can also freeze right in them, I guess?
#9 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 01:01 PM

I wouldn't freeze in them bc it would take *forever* to thaw.
#10 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 01:10 PM

there are several sets of the lansinoh mommy's milk glass bottles on ebay right now. some are NIB and some a "gently used".

Rachel. Devoted wife and joyful mama to Beatrice June(2/25/08) and Leona Agnes (8/10/10).
#11 of 13 Old 04-02-2007, 05:47 PM

http://www.organicgrace.com/1121474.html

They have 4 oz and 8 oz glass as well as silicone nipples.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#12 of 13 Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 AM

the glass canning jars dont take forever to thaw....i put a 6oz jar on the counter for a few hrs and it was about 3/4 of the way thawed and then i just put it in the fridge and it thawed the rest of the way - anything that wasnt thawed when i put it in a bowl of hot water to heat it must have gone away and that just took 10 mins or so.

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#13 of 13 Old 04-05-2007, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all the replies! I like the mason jar idea. I've got a ton of those.... We dont have a BRU near here. Does Target have glass bottles too? Will be keeping an eye on ebay now too. Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page