shooting pain in breast? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-05-2007, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My left breast has had several shooting pains this morning and last night... I dont have any plugged ducts and I am not feverish and its not red... he definitely has a not-so-great latch on that side for some reason - could that alone be causing it? I am a little nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2007, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoTwo View Post
My left breast has had several shooting pains this morning and last night... I dont have any plugged ducts and I am not feverish and its not red... he definitely has a not-so-great latch on that side for some reason - could that alone be causing it? I am a little nervous.
I get them too, I asked my in home RN about it and she said in all likely hood it is probably that some of the ducts have narrow passages and milk production causes them to fill quickly and swell fast causing shooting pains...

I don't know how much truth is to that but is it possible it might be mastitis or the beginnings of a blocked duct? I noticed that I get that shooting pain a day or so before a blocked duct (I've had blocked duct twice).

Sheal
Old 06-05-2007, 02:17 PM

i'm quitting mdc because mdc is unkind and discriminates against mamas with special needs babies.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:37 AM

I had shooting pain when DD was very little - about 1.5 mos - and it was thrush. Shooting pains are a common symptom associated with thrush. See kellymom for more info on this and other thrush symptoms.

User Tag List