4.5 mo old went 6+ hrs without nursing, is that normal!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-13-2007, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so last night DD nursed like a fiend when we got home from work/ daycare which is all very normal, she finished her last nursing around 6 pm (maybe 5:30) we did our normal bedtime routine (just alittle late) but she didn't want to nurse like she normally does. I did offer, often.

She fell asleep around 8 or 8:30, no nursing, and then she didn't stir to nurse until sometime around 12 or 12:30 - I pulled her into bed, from the co-sleeper, and nursed her sidelying. but that is the longest she has ever gone without nursing at night and then she may have nursed one more time but she didn't nurse again after that until 6:30 am.

Is that OK, Normal? SHould I have woken her up to nurse? Ugg I feel like a bad mother, I am not 100% certain of when and for how long she nursed last night (we usually nurse in a half asleep state)..

She is such a great nurser, I never have to give it thought anymore, she gets 2 bottle a day at daycare (8 oz max. total) I nurse her at lunch time. She is really great at letting me know she wants to nurse, and she usually nurses when ever I offer.

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM

As long as she's having plenty of wet dipes, I'd enjoy the sleep w/o worry. A 4.5 mo old will wake if they're hungry!

Writer, wife to a great DH, AP mama to one sweet boy 6/07 and expecting a girl in October!
#3 of 7 Old 09-13-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineIndy View Post
As long as she's having plenty of wet dipes, I'd enjoy the sleep w/o worry. A 4.5 mo old will wake if they're hungry!
:

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#4 of 7 Old 09-13-2007, 02:38 PM

I agree with pp. For perspective, DS didn't go longer than 4 hours until he was almost 6 months old. 6-wk old went 7 hours last night between nursings after a 3 hour cluster feed. Each baby is different, and at 4 months, I wouldn't worry about your LO waking to let you know if she is hungry. This could be the start of a new pattern for her.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#5 of 7 Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 PM

At that age DD was STTN. Those were the days....
#6 of 7 Old 09-14-2007, 02:43 AM

Don't worry my 6 month old has been going 10-12 hours at night since she was 2 months all on her own no sleep training or anything.
#7 of 7 Old 09-14-2007, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Mama's

DD did it agian last night, and she seems fine, plenty of wet diapers/ pees and she doesn't seem sick.

So now I just have to relax and and understand that she's ok, so I can sleep.

It's hard, I want to make sure DD nurses and I want to do CLW and self feeding when it comes to that, but I have family trying to convince me that DD will begin to wean soon, because my nephew hasn't been nursing since he was about 7 months old, he started to prefere the bottle and well I'm sure you know the rest. But they are convinced he self weaned and that DD will do the same - so now I get anxious if I think DD hasn't nursed enough, or frequently enough. Hopefully with time I will get over the Mama self doubt.

And th efamily that isn't telling us DD will wean soon is always asking when we will start solids.

Again Thanks for all the support Mamma's

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page