Sore breast lump WHILE pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2007, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sunday I noticed my right breast hurt and by Monday afternoon it was hurting even when just moving around. Monday evening it was stinging on and off, whether I touched it or moved or not.

I palpated when it started stinging and found a lump about 3-4 inches above my nipple (I have big, saggy boobs) and it hurts to touch it. I also noticed it is hurting more in the evenings.

I am not breastfeeding, nor have I been for years. I do have colostrum coming in now (7.5 months preggers).

What could this be? It feels like when my son was weaned and I would get a sore, full lump and have him nurse it out. It's miserable and hard to think with this feeling in my breast!!

Could it already be a plugged duct from the colostrum? I never had one while breastfeeding. I am trying some warm compresses and massaging but that HURTS!

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Huh. I had the same thing happen about 2 months ago now, and I had colostrum then too. It resolved on it's own, but I still have a red spot where it was. I have no idea; I'm glad it's gone though. I even thought about starting to nurse ds3 again (he self-weaned in January) if it wasn't going to go away, thinking, how do I deal with a clogged duct with nobody doing the work for me? It took over a week of red, swollen-ness before it went away. Oh, I also alkalised my body in case of infection.

I am curious about what other mamas might share. I thought it was weird too

Well, I've been absent for 8 months, and during that time, it turns out that I have completely transformed. You are all precious. Thank you for being here and sharing your lives. You are truly a gift. namaste.gif Jan. 23, 2012

User Tag List