should I bring the pump on our trip? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2007, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I WOH 3 days/week, and I pump every morning first thing off one side and feed baby girl off the other. I also pump 2-3 hours after she goes to sleep every night. (This is on days off AND work days.) She STTN now. Obviously I also pump while at work.

We're going to my ILs for 4 days. Should I bring the pump and continue the AM and PM pumping to keep my supply up? I don't need the extra for my stash, but do you think my supply could drop in 4 days without my regular sessions?

If so, should I try to transport the milk back? Kind of a pain (4-hour car ride), but I think I'd cry to pour that much milk down the drain. Suggestions for transporting it in this case?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 08:20 PM

Hi Mama,

I would take the pump. For me, four days is a long time to go without, even with the babe nursing.

I know what you mean about throwing it away. Can you freeze it in bags at the IL's? Then you could ice it down in a cooler and keep it iced on the trip home. Of course if you're taking a plane trip I don't have a lot of useful suggestions...

Mamma to Amelia (8/13/2006) Henry (7/28/2008), and Arthur (1/15/2011)
Old 12-20-2007, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I think I'm taking it. DH said he didn't mind lugging the cooler and buying a bunch of ice. We're just driving, so I think I'll just keep it in the fridge until we go. It'll be okay to freeze if it's in the frigde for 3 days, right?
Old 12-21-2007, 04:24 AM

If it were me and since you are pumping so often, I'd bring my pump and take my milk back home as you can take an ice chest and it's only 4 hours.

User Tag List