NIP and using a non-nursing tank top - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-24-2007, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm hoping this makes sense. As much as I'd love to get some great nursing tops and/or tanks it's just not a possibility for me (and no, the Target nursing tanks won't fit me).

So....I've seen it suggested that you could just use a regular old tank top/cami and then your regular shirt over the top. Pull the shirt up, the cami down and viola! I would REALLY like to keep my side/stomach covered.

I did find a fairly nice tank top for a decent price, but it has one of those shelf type bras built into it. Do you think I could still use it? Should I cut the shelf type bra out? I'd love to get one w/out it, but again I'm having some difficulties with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2007, 01:44 AM

It can work, I actually have a couple like that. But i just hoist the whole mess up!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:46 AM

That's what I've been doing, because it's freezing. It's worked fine with the shelf bra kind as well.

Mama to 3:
Old 12-24-2007, 03:48 AM

Whatever you do, don't wear a close fitting tank top w/ shelf bra, a nursing bra, and a fitted black sweater.

Just.... bad things could happen. Like you get to a bible study group, perhaps, and the baby needs to nurse right away so you do, but you can't get the stupid shelf bra over your boob to unhook the nursing bra without pulling up the whole sweater and everything and you're REALLY glad you have a blanket handy because then your entire midsection is all out for everyone to see, including the older gentleman that's almost your grandpa's age, so the blanket makes a nice extra cover for YOU (not the baby's head) and then when you go to burp the baby he spits up down the back of your black sweater.

Not that I would know, or anything. :

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 12-24-2007, 12:21 PM

This is what I do all the time. It has the built in bra too. I really like keeping my belly covered. I don't particularly like the nursing tanks because my boobs are too big to fit through the holes in them!Lol
Old 12-24-2007, 05:06 PM

I always wear a belly hugger under my clothes (basically a tube top that goes around your waist... that way my saggy old stomach is always covered!
Old 12-24-2007, 05:12 PM

Old Navy's tanks are awesome, shelf-bra-less & cheap!

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Fantastic! Thank you so much!

User Tag List