Breast pump suggestions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-20-2008, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been using the 2x auto advanced Medela (not the newest model) since last August and have had many-many issues with mastitis and thrush. A MDC PP suggested that maybe my pump was contaminated with yeastie beasties and recommended that I get a new pump. Although my lactation consultant does not think this is possible since I boiled everything, I've thought about it and think that my health and the health of my BM is important enough that I'm going to purchase a new pump. I would appreciate some recommendations on pumps. I am a WOH 2-3 1/2 days per week and pump in my car so I need something that can use an electrical outlet as well as a cigarette lighter in a car.
Any success stories with pumps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To be honest, I never liked the electric pumps. I always worried I wouldn't get it clean enough. I used an Avent manual pump becuase I could take it completely apart to clean it. I still only pumped about 15 minutes so I don't think it took much longer than an auto - but was a bit tough on my carpal tunnel in my wrists...goodluck LOL

User Tag List