I Love My Husband! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to share what happened last night...

A little background: I found out I was pregnant last week. I then realized why my 7 month old son had become so fussy and unhappy while nursing. My milk supply dropped tremendously plus it probably tasted different. Well, long story short, he had lost weight and I needed to supplement. I used up all the rest of the frozen breastmilk I had and just yesterday we started on formula. He's not used to taking bottles so it's been hit or miss. I'm already emotional b/c I'm pregnant but I've been more so knowing that I haven't been meeting his needs for the past few weeks and that our precious nursing time is so reduced and will probably keep going down more and more. I'm so sad, yet so happy for another baby!

I'm still nursing him every 3-4 hours during the day but more at night so last night he was up quite a bit and wasn't satisfied with what I had but I knew he wouldn't take the bottle from me so my husband gave it to him. When my husband came back to bed, I realized he was crying! My husband does not cry. I asked what was wrong and he said that while he was feeding the baby, his foot hit the boppy pillow and suddenly it clicked for him. He said he remembered how hard the beginning of breastfeeding was for me and how I pushed through the pain b/c I knew it was best for my son and we had finally gotten to a good place and then this. He said he was so sad for me and for our son that we would be missing out on that. He said he felt like a usurper.

It meant even more to me b/c my mom, a huge breastfeeding supporter, has been making me feel guilty (thought I don't think she realizes it) for (accidentally) getting pregnant and having this happen. So not only am I mourning my nursing relationship with my son and super-emotional thanks to the pregnancy, but I'm hearing comments that make me feel guilty for slipping up and getting pregnant. I just keep telling myself that at least he got over 7 months of pure breast milk, is still getting some and will have a new little brother or sister in 8 months!

Anyway, it was so nice to be understood and sympathized with and it was just so darn sweet of him. Thanks for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-23-2008, 06:13 PM

What a great hubby! Congrats on the new baby!!
#3 of 3 Old 01-24-2008, 01:17 AM

how sweet it is to have someone what stand the struggle motherhood can put on one women and the possible side effect it can have on the one person you must have thought at one time has no clue. my husband is a lavtivis like my self and he to is a great understander. good luck your milk my come back after your hormones figure out what there do and what they need to be doing. congrats on the bump.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page