Can you still pump if you're battling thrush? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-28-2008, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS and I have been battling thrush for about a week and a half... it was about 75% gone but in the last couple of days has sort of felt like it was coming back... we've been doing GSE on nips in addition to oral GSE and probiotics for both me and LO... we've ordered Dr. Newman's APNO and gential violet to nip it in the bud....

I'm 1/2 way thru my maternity leave and have been wanting to start pumping to build my stash... (I wanted to start right around when we got thrush.... great timing!)..... I've been waiting but really don't want to wait until the last couple of weeks before returning....

Does anyone have any ideas/experience?..... Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 12:15 AM

Yes I continued to BF and to pump throughout thrush. You can make your own Newman's 3-part cream (monistat, neosporin and hydrocortisone). If you're not taking antibiotics now you may as well start to pump to start your stash. Good luck!
Old 01-29-2008, 02:08 AM

Yes you can pump. Just make sure that you boil for 5 minutes any of the pump parts that touch your nipple.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky View Post
Yes I continued to BF and to pump throughout thrush. You can make your own Newman's 3-part cream (monistat, neosporin and hydrocortisone). If you're not taking antibiotics now you may as well start to pump to start your stash. Good luck!
Binky, what are the ratio for the monistat, neosporin, and hydrocortisone?... is it equal parts of each of the 3?...

Thanks!

User Tag List